Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ckelly48

Kohler stages 45 under 36" window?

ckelly48
10 years ago

I'm really excited about the Kohler stages sinks. I know it is available in 33", but it seems the larger one would be so much more useful, plus the price is almost as much for the smaller one. I have several questions.

First, I only have a 36" sink base. I have seen several of you use the 45" sink in a 36" base, by not using the metal storage under the sink, and by making adjustments in an adjoining drawer. I have a 21" trash pull-out that I could put next to the sink base and make it work. But that would move my dishwasher over by 21 inches, instead of being next to my sink. Would this be too inconvenient? I have always had my dishwasher right next to the sink.

Second, I have a 36" window over my 36" sink base. If I get the 45" sink, the raised part of the sink would be to the right of the window. Would this look funny? The layout of the kitchen would not allow me to center the sink under the window.

I love this forum. I've been referencing it for several months, but this is my first post. Thanks for all your help!

Comments (4)