Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktclick_gw

Farmhouse Sink Material - Quartz??

ktclick
13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I've found this forum incredibly helpful in planning my kitchen remodel, but now I have a question I haven't yet found a satisfactory answer for:

I know I want a single bowl farmhouse sink. Now I'm trying to figure out what material would be best for us. I love the look of the fireclay sinks - they're so shiny and I love shiny things. However, I've heard they are brittle and I am extremely clumsy. I also have two young children who I hope will be my dishwashers as they grow bigger, so I need something very sturdy. Do they really crack easily? Do they scratch easily? I know we would be in big trouble if that is the case. I am not a delicate dishwasher.

So, I've been looking at quartz farmhouse sinks. I saw the post where these were discussed, but no one has posted how the quartz sinks have been holding up since they were installed. Does anyone have the Mitrani apron front in metallic white? What does THAT look like?

Do those of you with fireclay or similar material farmhouse sinks think they are tough enough to withstand clumsy me and two kids? I am looking to spend less than $1000 on our sink and there are some great deals out there on some quartz sinks. Actually, so good it has me wondering if they are not as good as they sound...

Comments (4)