Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 13:48

Well, my electrician already wired for plugmolds so I'm happy and moving forward with that plan in spite of my concerns, as it's water under the bridge now.

I need to buy them asap for install next week. They will be installed under 2 33" cabinets and a 27" cabinet (I don't have a lot of uppers).

My electrician told me to make sure I get the 'end cap' for each piece. I'm not even sure what that means but I didn't ask too many questions, as I knew they could be answered when I call to order my plugmolds. So where can I purchase these lights?

Also, I've read a lot about tech lighting angled plugmolds. Are they better? What is the best place to order them from?

As always, thanks GW-ers! I promise to post lots of photos when my project is finished in about 2 weeks.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

Our electrician originally put in plug mold when we wanted Task lighting. We had him replace it and it looks a million times better.

I made a blog post a while back with lots of photos. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plug Mold v. Task Lighting

RE: Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

We went round and round with our GC re: Plugmold, which we found at Home Depot. Seems a lot of folks do not want to install it for you....for no good reason. We ended up with regular outlets recessed in the false bottom of the cabinets (GC's solution), altho still would have preferred the plugmold. Only true angled option is from Task Lighting.

RE: Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

We are planning to buy our plugmold at HD. Our store only has the ivory color though. They do not come with the end fittings. We also have to cut it down because it comes in 3' and 4' lengths. I did find an online source for the end fittings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blank End Fittings

RE: Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

Thanks so much for the replies. How do I know if my area requires Tamper Resistant from Tech Lighting? The regular ones are smaller, which I like, if it meets code. I live near Annapolis, Md.

RE: Where to buy Plugmolds or Tech angled lighting??

We have plug mold - mounted at a 45 degree angle.
Now you see it -

Now you don't

Our electrician did the details and I just paid for it....
Loving it - especially the 45 trick - not monstrous like some but just enough to make it easier to plug into the wall.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here