Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Binding cabinet doors?

Posted by foodonastump (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 13:43

I considered putting this on the "mistakes" threads but I'm not sure that it's a mistake on my part. Adjoining cabinets, can't open the doors at the same time without them binding. Is this normal? I don't think it can fault the installer as there's no room to adjust the doors further apart.

Maybe this will cure me of my bad habit of leaving doors open, but I hope I don't destroy something during my reprogramming.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Binding cabinet doors?

Could it be because of full overlay doors?
See Peytonroads post of May 19, 09 at 22:08 on the link.

I think you need either fillers or uplifting doors if have overlay doors so they won^t hit each other.

Here is a link that might be useful: full overlay

o

Thanks. You'd think the cabinet dealer would advise. Or not. Fortunately it doesn't affect any high use cabinets in my case, but it would be a real problem if it did.

o

Depends- carefully adjusted frameless you can get one to 90 degrees and the othe open "some"
Framed depends on the reveal. From the looks of yours it would require at least one new door and hinges with a smaller overlay. The upper level semi and custom often do it automatically based on layout. Else it's up to the designer and a filler.

o

Let's see a picture of your hinges.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here