Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Trim Paint to go with Nimbus Walls

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 13:39

Hi All,

I am stuck in the house all weekend, as I'm on-call, so I am sending DH to BM to pickup the beautiful Nimbus in Matte for my kitchen.

I am not overly particular about the exact shade of white trim but I do want something clean and white, not ivory in the least. It needs to go well with "gray-ish" walls.

Can you please give me some recommendations so I can send DH on his way with colors in hand?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Trim Paint to go with Nimbus Walls

we used Cloud White with the Nimbus. Not White Cloud. Totally different. Just think "alphabetical"...

If this is your first time with the Aura paint, remember to read up on some tips on using it. It dries so fast that it is almost impossible to keep a wet edge. Things like, "don't go back if you see a spot you missed" are very important. It touches up very nicely, you can touch it up later. And it's just about impossible to cut in and roll at the same time. Cut it all in, let it dry completely, then paint the walls. I think one tip I heard that really helped was to not let the roller get too empty. Keep moving, don't break for anything!

You are going to love it!!!

Bee

o

Thanks, Bee! I'm going with the Regal Select. My husband is not the fastest painter and the Aura dries so quickly; he really doesn't like it. Will get the Cloud White (good way to remember it).

o

Bee
I remember that thread!
Good paint suggestions when I am ready to paint

Berar- bee always has great ideas! But a good idea to paint a sample I am great in creating checker boards with paint!!

o

We used BM Simply White for all the trim and doors in the house as well as the kitchen cabs. I think the Nimbus in the FR looks great with it. You can see Nimbus around the door in the background here.

Photobucket

o

I love the Nimbus and the Cloud White trim. Breezy and Bee, I originally thought the Nimbus would be too light to carry into the family room (open to the kitchen) because it has a stone fireplace -- thinking the color would be too soft with the stone. But I LOVE nimbus.

I was going to use BM Thunder in the family room but now I'm very tempted to just carry in the nimbus instead.

Would appreciate any and all opinions!!

o

I used both colors and love them both. What color is your stone? You could use both. They compliment each other well.

o

The stone is various shades of rustic gray. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Nimbus with the Cloud White trim. I float away when I walk into the room. Breezy, do you love the Thunder as much?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here