Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red and cream cabinets, anyone?

Posted by caseyrose (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 13:37

I've decided I can't live without red cabinets. The uppers will have glass, lowers mostly drawers. A large island. Thinking about mixing with cream. I love beadboard.

There are very few pictures of red cabinets on the web, and most are glossy/modern. I'm thinking rustic barn red. Would love to see pictures or hear your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red and cream cabinets, anyone?

Texaspenny has a thread on red and cream recently, I think she eventually decided against them for various reasons, but here is the link

Here is a link that might be useful: red and cream

o

Thanks localeater--there's a lot of good info on the thread. I love the 2 pictures Texaspenny posted, and also the one Deedles posted. If I get talked out of red I will use natural cherry.

o

Wonderful idea! My dear departed (and boldly stylish) Mother's mantra was always "Red goes with everything!". As kids, my 2 sisters & I would roll our eyes, but now we all laugh at how mostly-true we find her color advice to be. We're planning stained, not painted, cabs; but if we were going with paint, red would definitely be a major contender - continuity with our red upper walled/creamy white wainscotted dining room, which DM loved!

o

Here are 2 photos I found with a quick google search, and below is a link to houzz.com and a "red and cream kitchen" search. Love the combination!

Don't know the source here:Photobucket

Photo By: Michael McKelvey
Designed By: Kathleen O'NeilPhotobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Red and Cream Kitchens on Houzz.com

o

[singing that Charlie Sheen theme song:]

Red, red red RED RED Red red RED!!

Love barn red.
Love red. Love barns. Love red barns. Love cabinets made of red barns. Love red cabinets. Love red.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here