Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PLEASE help. Why am I not getting emails?

Posted by island (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 13:33

OK I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times, but I've searched and still can't find the answer.So I'll start by apologizing for a million and one.
Please, can someone tell me what I have to do to get email notices when there is a response to something I've posted? So many great threads I'm interested in or posted to and I can't keep track of them especially if I'm not in here every day. Hoping an email notice will solve that problem.

Here's what I've done.
As I write this I see a box below that says' "Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you". Did that.

Then went to my Profile page and put a check mark in the box that says "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site".

And still no emails. What am I missing?

Appreciate your help and your patience if you've seen this Q before. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PLEASE help. Why am I not getting emails?

Hi, island. I went to your member page and it doesn't say "send me an email," so your email is not enabled, although you did what you're supposed to do. Try going to "Member Pages," then "Edit my Profile" and check the box again. If you go there and the box is already checked, is it possible that your email is typed wrong? If it's neither of those, I'm stumped and I defer to the experts.

o

This happens many times with people who don't originally register with their email enabled. No matter how many times they go back in after the fact to add their email following the instructions, it never works. Quirk in the antiquated GW operating system. It wouldn't hurt, after you've tried unsuccessfully on your own a few times, to email Tamara, the forum administrator, about your issue.

o

Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

Ginny, checked my email address and it's OK. Tried unchecking and rechecking again so will see what happens.

Breezy, I didn't originally sign up with email enabled, Changed it later and could have sworn I got emails, but that was at least a year ago. Only recently back trolling the boards. Thanks for telling me about Tamara; I'll contact her if other suggestions don't work.

Appreciate your help!

o

Be sure you save the changes before exiting your profile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here