Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Absolute Black Leathered Kitchen Counter Top

Posted by AngelaDawyn (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 13:28

I had AB installed in the kitchen and it was the contractor's first installation of AB. THE SILICON AND SEAM PUTTY SHOW UP IN A GLARING SHINE ON THE MATTE FINISH! They have been back once and don't know how to correct the problem. The last time I called, they said, don't call us, we'll call you.

So, I've researched. I've tried Acetone, which got off a lot, but not all of the products. I've tried magic eraser, toothbrush, steel wool...

What else can I try that won't hurt/change the granite? And should it be sealed with a colored sealant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Absolute Black Leathered Kitchen Counter Top

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! That is a terrible seam, and I would not be happy with it.

I'm sure others will weigh in with helpful information, but my initials thoughts are:

1. Stop trying to fix it yourself, lest the contractor comes back and claims, "Well, I *could* have fixed it until you put that (fill in blank) on it..."

2. Go back to your contract. Is there any verbiage there that can help you out?

3. Document everything--every detail, every date, every attempted call, everything.

There are others on this site who will have more useful information for you. Good luck!

o
RE: Absolute Black Leathered Kitchen Counter Top

If they don't know how to fix it they should remove it and refund all your money. Did you know this was the first time with AB? Even if you did they took the job.

The are some experts here on GW but they may not look at this thread. I thought you just wanted to show your new granite. You may want to email directly some of the "stone" people here such as oldryer.

This post was edited by debrak2008 on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 17:22

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here