Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing Countertops

Posted by JollyRogers (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 13:27

I am sure you hear this question all the time.
I am having a hard time deciding between Daltile Morning Frost and Daltile Fresh Linens countertops. Our home is more modern than traditional looking and the cabinets are very dark brown shaker cabinets. I like Morning Frost but the Fresh Linens has a sparkle to it (difficult to see in pictures) which could also make it look interesting under kitchen light.

The backsplash is this.
http://www.glasstileliquidators.com/ariston-blend-5-8-staggered/
The white in this backsplash is not pure white rather has blacks and greys as this is marble and differ from piece to piece.

Any suggestions appreciated ! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing Countertops

From what I can tell online, it looks like Fresh Linens (left) matches the colors in the backsplash tile better, so if that's the one you prefer, it looks like a reasonable choice.

o

Thanks for making my choice easier !!

o

Happy to help.

I have one question for you - your bs tile is very pretty. It seems to have a 3D element where the glass tiles are thicker than the stone. I was just wondering whether this might be tough to clean - or even tough to grout, although that's not a problem as long as you're having it installed by someone else. Good luck with the reno!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here