Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shimmering Lights

Posted by calyle7 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 13:24

I have fell in love with this tile...It is called shimmering Lights by allen + roth
I am going to post a picture...but it doesn't begin to show it's beauty nor the true color...It does pick up the browns of my floor and the tranquility blue of my paint color....
Shimmering Lights photo shimmeringlights_zps29b1773c.jpg

Shimmering Lights outside photo shimmeringLights1_zps32e811fe.jpg

But I feel it will be too much for the entire back splash...so I want to do it behind the stove and behind the 15" cabinets on each side of the stove......the other areas I want to do something more subtle.....Please advise me on what you think will go with this.
I thought about doing a 4" strip at the base of the granite..so it can flow behind my sink....But don't know what else to use...
Please help!
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shimmering Lights

My first impression is too busy for your granite. If you care to post a picture of your kitchen - taken from straight on - I will photoshop the tile for you.

Can you track down a better picture of the tile (or what is the name of it and who is the mfr?). I don't think the one you posted will do it justice.

Best, oldbat2be

o
RE: Shimmering Lights

My granite is not near as busy as it looks....It is Bianco Ramano...but doesn't look like a lot of B R's I have seen.
I took the picture way too close...so neither the granite nor the tile looks true.
Name of the tile is shimmering lights by allen + roth
The tile is not near as dark as it looks in picture.
I will take a picture of the not completed kitchen next week, once the rest of the granite is installed....
The fabricator and crew had a accident on Friday and the counter top with the sink cutout got broke...so hopefully it will be delivered by Tuesday of next week.
thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here