Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
venting hood into bathroom vent?

Posted by lisa2416wv (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 13:13

I am planning a kitchen overhaul and have hit so many road blocks. Here is my last one I hope. I need to add a vent hood for a gas AGA stove. I either need to go up 7 feet, through a drop ceiling(drywall) and over 8 feet to an external brick wall OR go up about 7 feet and tap into the vent tube from the bathroom which is located behind the wall. It looks like that vent is only a 4 or 5 inch circle though. What option is the right one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: venting hood into bathroom vent?

If you go up, it needs to continue on through the roof with the minimum 6" vent. 8" would be better as a 6" duct can't really do much past 500 CFM successfully. If you can't do another roof penetration (why not???) then up and over would be the best choice. I'd upsize the CFM and ductwork to 10" if you are going to do that.

o

My stove vent specifically says NOT to use flexible pipe venting. My bathroom vent is one of those flexible pipes.

o

OK that makes sense. I cant go up straight through the roof because I have a 3 story brick home that has not been drywalled, but I can do the up and out the wall with its own vent I think. Thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here