Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pix of my oak to white kitchen (almost done!)

Posted by linjbo (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 13:10

Thanks to all who have advised me over the past year on all needed for my renovation. Everything from painting oak cabinets, to which white paint to use, to color for the walls. All that is left is that we are planning on doing a white marble subway tile backsplash (see a separate post today about where to end the tile). FYI...granite is Emerald Pearl, white cabinets are BM 0C-17 White Dove with NO glaze, walls are BM HC-164 Puritan Gray. Black was a standard black, not sure exactly. (Side note...the before pix have various wall paint colors we went thru so not all consistent)

I've never used PhotoBucket before so hope I did this link correctly. Pix are both before (oak) and after (white/black)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pix of my oak to white kitchen (almost done!)

so pretty! love the before and after set up of your pics. well done!!

o

Love love love it!! What a huge transformation. Did you do the painting yourself? It turned out great. It reminds me of my kithcen- white cabs, black granite and marble backsplash. It looks fabulous now, and I can't wait to see it with the backsplash. Great job!

o

(I am replying to the question from rocketmomkd but is there a way to "tag" her like on Facebook so I know she gets this reply?)

We hired out the painting of the cabinets. Even though my husband is super handy, it was just too big of a job. Took them 3 weeks of being in my house almost every day (except weekends). Expensive but so worth it.

o

What a beautiful transformation! Wow, what a difference paint can make! Congratulations on a lovely kitchen. The color combination is great and i think your idea for a backsplash will really seal the deal!

o

Love BM white dove... used it in my current and last kitchen. Your new kitchen looks great! I envy you having the painting hired out... it IS a huge job and I only had to do 7 cabinets last time. Blah.

Anyway, enjoy you beautiful new space!

o

what an amazing transformation ! WOW.
thanks for posting.

o

Great job! Looks great and you are going to enjoy the transformation! Can't wait to see on my computer!

o

Looks like a completely new kitchen, a fabulous one at that! Congrats!

o

Wow! What a transformation - love the color combo with the Dove white and black! It looks like a new kitchen and so "green"! I am now on my computer, so can see bigger pictures.
Congratulations!!

o

Beautiful! Looks like a totally different kitchen. Nice job. Thanks for sharing it. Enjoy!

o

it's so beautiful now. Great job, love it!

o

I like how you did the dark and the light colours. Looks very nice.

o

Wow!
Even your hardware looks different.
How beautiful. Great job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here