Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find an affordable alternative

Posted by Gigi_4321 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 13:09

Note to self: Never fall in love without seeing the price tag first.
I'm looking for something similar, without the border and white bits, for a guest bath.
If you haven't seen Gnosis tile, take a look, it's unique and gorgeous, but also expensive. This one is $100 sq.ft.
The look I'm after is small mosaic, not necessarily a pattern. Medium grayish color. Marble or stone, something slightly rustic looking.
Price range, under $30 sq.ft. Thanks!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find an affordable alternative

I really can't see the detail all that well, but see if this works for you. I'm planning on it for my upstairs bath, but go ahead - buy it all ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Close, maybe?

o

I did a Google image search for 1x1 marble tile...

Here is a link that might be useful: Silverado gray marble

o

Look for 1"x1" or 3/4"x3/4" bardiglio. Here's an example:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bardiglio Mosaic

o

Thanks everyone, I think what I'm after is a really rustic tumbled look with 1"x1" tiles. I'm off to Colombia for a few weeks, the search will continue when I return, or who knows, maybe I will find something in South America.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here