Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 3/4 bowl sink - centering ?

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 13:08

I have a large kitchen window which is has a center divider. The sink base cabinet is centered on this window. If I go with a 1 3/4 bowl sink the sink divider will not be in line with the window divider, which I think is fine. Where would I put the faucet, centered to the window, or in line with the sink divider? I am thinking it should still be centered to the window divider.
This is my window and sink
From Kitchen Planning
From GW Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 3/4 bowl sink - centering ?

bump

o

I put my faucet centered with the window divide. In reality, the sink isn't even centered on the window (off by several inches) but with the all the focus on the faucet you never notice. Plus as a pleasant surprise the faucet stream into the shallow bowl side lines up perfectly with the drain for no splashing.

o

With a 1 3/4 divide you want to center the faucet more on the divide than on the sink. It doesn't need to be right over the divide, but it needs to be close. Otherwise the reach may not work properly ... the last thing you want is to not be able to use the faucet in the small side unless you're pulling it down with one hand.

If you are off-centering from the divide just make sure you check the reach very carefully before having the hole cut.

o

Thank you for your advice. Part of me is so tired of making decisions I may just opt for a single bowl sink-LOL.

o

Hi, I lost a few nights sleep over this very problem! LOL
I can laugh now, because it's been over a year.
Here's our sink. Notice it's not centered to the cabinet, but to the window, as is the faucet.
Good luck! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here