Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pledge multi surface questions....

Posted by debrak2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 12:59

I had heard good things about pledge multi surface cleaner. All my supermarket had was pledge multi surface natural so I purchased it. The regular multi surface was sold out.

Well, I don't think this "natural" cleaner is working very well. Is the regular version better?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pledge multi surface questions....

I just bought a can of the regular, rainshower scented one. Mainly because i was looking for something for my stainless steel fridge and d/w. I think it works pretty well but I did notice that it works better just to wipe with the grain rather than use small circular motions which is what i was taught by my local appliance guy. The circular motions work better with some of the other types of cleaners like scrubbing bubbles.

Appliance guy told me on stainless that to avoid streaks use circular motions to fill between the grain, then finish with a fresh cloth with the grain.

What are you using your pledge multi surface product on? I haven't used it on much besides the stainless.

o

I use it on my granite, mirrors, stove top, a little on my ss hood. Normally I would not use it on my cabinets or floor but just wanted to do a quick wipe of a spill today. It didn't seem to do anything. It did not take finger prints off the ss hood. It does OK on the granite and glass. Not good on the glass top range.

I actually usually clean my ss hood with olive oil and a microfiber cloth always following the grain. It comes out beautiful.

I just wanted the multi for quick cleanups and for the granite since method cleaner changed their formula and its as good.

o

Just wanted to update.... I finally bought the "regular" Pledge multi surface and it is much better than the "natural" version.

My kitchen granite feels squeaky clean.

o

I use lemon Pledge to shine all painted and chrome parts of my motorcycle. I use SS cleaner on the appliances.......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here