Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kailuamom_gw

Kitchenforum FAQ

kailuamom
16 years ago

Welcome -

If you are new here - you may find the following FAQ link helpful. This website contains much helpful information about how to navigate this site as well as the world of kitchen renovations.

Please - do not post a reply to this post, as it will push this message off of the top.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchenforum FAQ

Comments (27)

• starpooh
    16 years ago

message is already off the top, so bumping it back to the first page.

For you newbies.... there's a description in the FAQ about adding pictures and links to your forum post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adding Pictures and Links

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

starpooh - is there anything about choosing drawer sizes in the FAQ? It comes up regularly here. I just added something about this to the post linked below that is similar to what I have written several times so perhaps something could be added to the FAQ.

Here is a link that might be useful: drawer size post

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I should have said, don't post to this thread until it moves off the 1st page, THEN please bump away to keep it there!

• starpooh
    16 years ago

hi cloudswift ~

Great idea! Since we don't want to copy threads verbatim into the FAQ (since that violates GardenWeb's TOS), perhaps you could do a write-up for the FAQ? You can either email it to me, start a new thread with it, or I could give you access to the FAQ and explain how to add it yourself!

Here is a link that might be useful: email starpooh

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

I got your email. I may not have time to do the write up until after the holidays (the next 2 and a half weeks).

• celticmoon
    16 years ago

And this is an official shout out to ALL of you that you are invited to add sections to the FAQ. There is plenty of knowledge and wisdom around this board that could use a home there.

Just write something up and post it with 'FAQ' in the message title. Or email to me or starpooh if you want anonimity....

• coffeebreak
    16 years ago

Bump

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• kitchendetective
    16 years ago

Do you think it would trivialize the FAQ site if it included a compendium of the abbreviations used by site users, e.g., TKO, DH, DD, DS, DW, OTR,, etc.?

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Already done....see:

http://starpoohonline.com/wordpress/forum-acronyms/

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum Acronyms

• sholt576
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting the acronym link. I'd been searching around trying to find the meaning of TKO, but after dreaming about faucets for the past few nights, I figured it out on my own.

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

bump

• natal
    16 years ago

I didn't know a FAQ existed for this forum until Bill linked a post on it the other day. Why hasn't iVillage linked it on the main page here like on other forums?

• pinktoes
    16 years ago

I had no idea this existed. It certainly is not being well-utilized. Who's in charge of that around here??

bump

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

bump

• bud_wi
    16 years ago

Posted by natal: "I didn't know a FAQ existed for this forum until Bill linked a post on it the other day. Why hasn't iVillage linked it on the main page here like on other forums?"

That is because the linked site has nothing to do with GW or iVillage. It is just someone's homemade website.

I consider the OP spam.

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

bump

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A Happy New Year Bump

• whenicit
    16 years ago

An Iowa Caucus Bump...
    I shook Mitt's hand today BTW. Just in case. Right now Edwards & Huckabee are winning in case you are somewhere not inundated by this stuff...

• lazydm
    16 years ago

Hi all. FAQ helpul. I am a relative newby and often wonder how and where to find things. Sometimes I search and search and can't even find my own questions---how bad is that? Getting a little better though.
    It seems that everyone knows everyone and you all speak a foreign language so the info on abbreviations was especially helpful.
    Hope to learn more and find my way around so I can always get back to you. My DH can't understand why I spend hrs and hrs on the computer!!!
    So thanks again for sharing one more tidbit.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Some search hints:

First, use the search box at the bottom of the thread list page, not the top.

Second, posts take about 24 hours to show up in a search. So, if you're looking for a post that was posted today, you won't find it via a search.

Third, as with searches everywhere, the more terms you search by, the fewer the search results...plus and minuses to that, of course. But if you're looking for one particular thread, the more terms you use from that thread the smaller the hitlist (a hitlist is the list of results from a search).

HTH!

• remodelfla
    16 years ago

a bump and heartfelt thanks to all for all the invaluable info I'm accumulating for my soon to be remodel!

• breezytoo
    16 years ago

Bump

• jillypie
    16 years ago

bump

• ellizabeth
    16 years ago

bump

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

Am I the only one that did it backward?!? I did my kitchen and completed before finding out all the info in the Kitchen Forum FAQ.

Wish I saw some of the completed kitchen photos ahead of time to make choices a bit easier!

Oh well... my kitchen turned out per-dy anyway =o)