Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
knob and handle dilema - follow up to sourcing Amerock Highland

Posted by Caspian101 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 12:53

Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction to the Amerock Highland ridge handles. They are the right shape but our kitchen (and house in general) had black/iron hardware.

The Amerock handles do not come in a black and their imitation oil rubbed bronze is pretty poor IMO.

The "real" dark finish hardware from Sun Valley Bronze or Ashley are unbelieveably expensive - I did not realize people would spend $21 per know and $41-60 per draw handle, not to mention the appliance hanlde prices!

So my ask of this great group is do you know of a source of a good, dark (black/dark brown) natural looking handle, similar to the SVB (but cheaper) or Amerock handles (but nicer finish)?

Thanks,
Caspian

Here is a link that might be useful: SVB handles - nice but too $$$

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: knob and handle dilema - follow up to sourcing Amerock Highla

I never hear Berenson Hardware mentioned, but it's what I used. My cabmaker recommended it. They have some dark finishes, including matte black. Berenson is usually sold through dealers, like my cabmaker, but it is available on-line through sites such as thehardwarehut.com and edirecthardware.com. My handles and pulls were something like $6.60, installed, from my cabmaker. The pulls I've shown below are 4.09 from hardware hut. You can see all their collections, and read about their finishes, on the Berenson website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson Hearthstone

o

Hickory Hardware Carbonite Black Iron Pull - $5.82 @
http://www.myknobs.com/belp3672bi.html

Stone Mill Hardware Matte Black Marshall Cabinet Pull $13.09 @
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Stone-Mill-Hardware-Matte-Black-Marshall-Cabinet-Pull/6428086/product.html

Empire Designs Cabinet Pull $13.95 @
http://www.signaturehardware.com/product7066?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=google&adtype=pla&gclid=CNbuk7rv07ICFYQ7Mgodqh0AVA

o

I am using Amerock Mulholland in Antique Rust. It's a dark brown with black accents.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Mulholland

o

Amerock Westerly in graphite

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock westerly

o

Menard's has many styles of Hickory hardware in stock. The brand seems durable and well made. I purchased Top Knobs and am very happy. I did have problems with the consistency of the German Bronze finish. With the support of an internet seller, I was able to return everything without a restocking fee or shipping charge. I chose ORB as the new finish and every item looks great. The downside is the Celtic knot knobs I LOVED are not available in ORB.

o

we did black hardware--it was really really hard to find a style I liked in black.....In the end we were going between Alno and Schaub and Co. Both had flat black basic, simple cup pulls that I liked--alno also had handles that I liked, while Schaub and Co, didn't. so alno won out!

This is from the schaub website, but both were very similar::

http://www.schaubandcompany.com/assets/images/p_trad_grp_nickel.jpg

o

I just bought Amerock Rochdale pulls for my kitchen on Amazon in graphite, $1 each! A little more industrial than the highland ridge, but you may want to consider their offerings in graphite, as others have suggested.

o

My daughter just showed me this place last night. She's been ordering door and cabinet hinges from them. The link is to the 'knob/pulls in black' page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet Knobs in black

o

Thanks for all these suggestions. It is amazing how many sources there are.

Interestingly, it is starting to look like there are many brands but only a few sources as the actual handles/knobs look similar even though marketed (and priced) quite differently.
Is anyone familiar with Jeffrey Alexander brand?

Frankly the "right" dark knobs/handles are hard to find!
Caspian

o

I got our knobs and pulls from GlideRite. We were able to do our whole kitchen for under $100. If you buy them through their EBay site you can purchase the exact number you want and only pay shipping on one item. If you purchase through their direct site you have to buy packs of 10.
Our pulls are ORB finish and we love them so far. Not sure if they have the ones you're looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here