Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with KWC Ono faucet prob

Posted by kaismom (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 12:52

I have a KWC Ono faucet with a pullout spray hed. When it is in the spray mode and the water turned off and turned back on, it is supposed to go back to the stream mode.

It is not returning to the stream mode.

I have cleaned all the parts (the aerator, o ring, etc) and gotten the gunk out as much as I can. It seems to not quite have enough 'force' to pop it back to the stream mode. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I called the technical support people and they were not much help other than replacing the head for couple hundred bucks...

They also said that buying the product through an on-line company voids the warranty, FYI...

Here is a link that might be useful: ono faucet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with KWC Ono faucet prob

That's poor customer service. I know from experience a mass producer like Moen or Delta would have just sent you a new head with no questions asked.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, so I hope I'm not being annoying. I suggest trying to put it out of your mind that this is a defect and live with it for a bit. I know people specifically look for faucets that stay in the last mode, there are threads about it and I'm one of those people.

But more to what you're looking for: You said you cleaned it, but I'm wondering if a soak in CLR might help. I've never found CLR to be the magical solution that the commercials make it out to be, but I figure it's worth a shot?

Good FYI about the warranty. I think that's an important thing to look into any time you're buying something expensive online.

o
RE: Help with KWC Ono faucet prob

I had that problem myself with a Grohe faucet but it didn't bother me enough to complain about it.

I think the comment about the warranty is totally bogus. Many online sellers are legitimate sellers and the warranties are totally applicable. Do you really think AJ Madison would stay in business if the appliance warranties were no good?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here