Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some interesting small kitchens

Posted by sushipup (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 24, 13 at 12:50

San Francisco Chronicle featured these in today's online edition. Small kitchens and some nice ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small SF kitchens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some interesting small kitchens

I found the blue kitchen to be stunning. I love the library ladder to get to the highest cabinets. I am 5'3" so even the top two shelves of a regular cabinet are used for things I rarely use. Even with that ladder being stored in the adjacent dining room when not in use, the railing looks like it belongs in that room. The difference in cabinet heights are also a great look. Love it! I wasn't quite sure about the second one, it seemed cluttered a bit for me. The last one was great. I love the dark cabinets; that backsplash matches perfectly and I am not one who likes a busy backsplash. Charming is all I can say. I think of the three, I could see myself living in the first one.
I had an 8 x 10 kitchen that also housed a water heater and a washer and dryer. Every bit of that room was functional. I got the cabinets for $60, restained them myself, the ex hung them in the way I wanted them. I had a blind corner, but since the kitchen opened into the living room, I put a door on the outside so it was available to the living room. Here is where I stored my Low Country Boil pots and 60 cup coffee maker and other items that were used rarely and didn't fit in a normal cabinet. Just because it is small, doesn't mean it can't be functional and gorgeous.

o

And I think that inspiration is where you find it. I loved the blue kitchen too!

o

In love with the blue kitchen!!

o

I love the beer on tap!

o

Hmm.. I don't know.. I liked the glimpse of the old kitchen with the wood and stained glass cabinets. I felt that the library ladder would block access to countertop and cabinets at best be a serious trip hazard at worst.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here