Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Stainless Cleaner...All

Linda Ross
15 years ago

I just got my Wolf range and it came with a small bottle of stainless cleaner and polish. Wow! This stuff is great! It takes off all spots and shines it up with little rubbing. I've not had stainless appliances long, do all stainless cleaners work this well? What stainless cleaner do you like? Stainless looks great but is a pain in the *&% to keep looking good especially the water/ice dispenser on the stainless fridge. The water will drip down the front because someone always overflows and the bottom of the tray doesn't have a drain just a heat unit that is supposed to evaporate the overflow. I always get drips down the dispenser side of fridge but hubby just had to have the dispenser. I have all stainless appliances now and wish I had a gallon of that Wolf cleaner, it probably costs a mint.

Comments (33)

• twoyur
    15 years ago

for over two years one thing

lemon pledge from a spray can

• User
    15 years ago

Brown Pledge (extra moisturizing) for me. Also great on granite if you have it according to my neighbor.

• fern76
    15 years ago

Lemon pledge, yellow can...I use on the granite too! :)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

OK Mollie, I'll bite...what brand SS cleaner came w/your Wolf?

BTW...I also use Pledge in the brown can (moisturizing)...haven't tried it on my granite (I use Method or Simple Green when I can't get Method on my granite. I use the Dupont Granite Wipes in the PR for a quick wipe on my granite counter when company stops by.)

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

I had a wipe that came with my Bosch stove. It was amazing. The absolute best ever. Can't get it anywhere here in the US. The UK and Germany won't ship to the US.

So, as a second best choice, I use the Weiman spray and a micro cloth. Works absolutely beautifully. Recommended by a lot of folks here. BTW, found it at the local grocery store.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

I also use the Weiman spray, and I bought it at Publix.

• Linda Ross
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Buehl, I don't know what it was, just said Wolf Stainless cleaner/polish on the bottle.

• redroze
    15 years ago

I just bought the Weiman wipes from Walmart for our fridge, they work incredibly. I was looking for the spray but couldn't find it. I read about Weiman on GW - another great find on this amazing forum.

• josie724
    15 years ago

O.K. I'm jealous now....my Wolf didn't come with ss cleaner.

Pledge, Huh??? wow, I'll have to try it.

• mpwdmom
    15 years ago

I never heard of using Pledge on granite...doesn't it leave a residue?

• timma
    15 years ago

The Wolf appliances come with Signature Stainless Steel polish. Seems to work well, but pricey. I'm still using the free sample that came with my cooktop.

http://www.signaturepolishonline.com/

• positano
    15 years ago

Mustbnuts, I'm getting the same dual fuel Bosch range that you have.....hope I get those wipe too.

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

Another user of Weiman's spray. That stuff is amazing. Walmart sells it for alot less than all the other stores and a little goes a long way.

I'd be afraid to try Pledge on my granite because of the waxiness of it. Any problem with that people?

• Linda Ross
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is it a Weiman Stainless polish or Weiman furniture polish? What color is the can?

• lascatx
    15 years ago

Mollie, I bought the Signature after I accidently spilled out too much on a rag and cleaned the fridge with it. It works better than anything on mine. I didn't realize I could have bought a single bottle from a dealer in town, so I have 4 bottles. I'd be willing to send one to you for cost plus shipping on a single bottle so you don't have to get 4. You could also try a local Wolf/SubZero dealer to see if they carry it. Mine wasn't listed but did have it when I was in the store later. That's how I wound up ordering 4.

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish in a silver can.

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

We use WD-40. It works great and is cheap to buy. We spray a microfiber cloth with it (never the appliance) and wipe. Amazing shine!

Jodi-

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

Yes, ALWAYS spray the microfiber cloth, not the appliance - good advice, Jodi, that I forgot to mention.

15 years ago

Positano--I hope you like your Bosch duel fuel. I am still learning how to cook on the thing. Sorry for the hyjack here. For me, I find the auto convention baking (which automatically lowers the temp 25 degrees) is too low. I use the convection roast and adjust it down 15 degree instead. The timer thing is also interesting to figure out. The warming drawer is wonderful! I do love my range!

BTW--I hope you get the cleaning cloth as well. Mine came with my Bosch glass hood. I didn't get one with my range. At least, I don't think so. It was installed while I was at work.

• fern76
    15 years ago

I personally don't have trouble with Pledge on my granite, absolutely no residue after wiping with microfiber cloth, wouldn't have thought of it myself, but was advertised on the can... good luck, I used it on an inconspicuous spot the first time, just in case.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Just tried the Weiman SS spray on my DW and it cleaned it up nicely & quickly. Now I'll wait to see how it is at resisting drips & fingerprints as it's the worst of all the SS appliances. The others (Ref, DOs, WD, MW) don't seem to be much of a problem.

My DH thinks I'm crazy to try something different if the Pledge works...but hey, I want to see all my options! You never know, the Weiman may be better!

• Jim Peschke
    15 years ago

I bought a generic stainless steel cleaner at Smart and Final. It is a foam. Are most of these cleaners mentioned liquids? It seemed to work okay, but I'd like to try some different things. I also bought something called Granite Gold daily cleaner.

I always read about "micro fiber" cloths. Where do you find them, not just what store, but what section? The only thing I've been able to find that is called "microfiber" are the swiffer refills, but those are for floors. I heard some people buy stainless cleaner, granite cleaner and microfiber cloths at Costco, but I haven't been able to find any of those items in our Costco.

Where do they hide these things?

- Jim

P.S. I have a Bosch duel fuel range which I am loving too! I would just as soon have a non-stainless cooktop though.

• bbstx
    15 years ago

A lot of folks buy the microfiber cloths online, and they are quite pricey. I got mine in the automotive section of either Sam's or Costco...wish I could remember. It was 36 cloths for something around $20 +/-. They work great!

I have a new Viking stainless fridge that seems to get smudgy very easily. I've tried Weiman's Spray and I've tried Pledge in the brown can. Nothing seems to work as well as soap and water. I put warm water and a little Dawn in the kitchen sink with a microfiber cloth. Then I wring out the cloth until it is almost dry and wipe down the fridge. Then I go back with a dry microfiber cloth. Works like a charm!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

What is the best environmentally friendly product? So far I've mostly stuck with elbow grease and a damp rag, and so far I haven't had any problems. I've bought some of the Clorox green cleaners but haven't tried them on stainless.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I bought my microfiber cloths at Target & Walmart in the automotive section.

BlueKitObsessed....I don't know about "green" products for SS. I've seen several for granite (Method, Simple Green, etc.), but I don't remember seeing any for SS.

I do like Method and Simple Green. If anyone does find a "green" SS cleaner that works, let us all know, please!

• organic_nettie
    15 years ago

I bought the Weiman wipes. I only wanted to do a little spot cleaning as the whole appliance was not dirty. When I tried to clean off the spots (I am a first time user of Stainless Steel) I found that I had to do the whole appliance. Is there anything that will work well on just a few finger spots.

• melanie1121
    15 years ago

Whatever you use, I was told always to go with the "grain" of the stainless steel. If you go across the grain, it's harder to remove the smudges.
    Melanie1121

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

I have been using Method granite cleaner and it works great! Also, I can spot clean. Another thread mentioned that with the Weimans they had to clean to whole appliance or they would have streaks or something. I spray the Method ss cleaner on a microfiber and clean just the dirty parts and fingerprints.

15 years ago

I find, for me, the Weimans cleaner I had to do the whole appliance the first time. After that, I just wipe the spots clean. Then, once a week, I clean the whole thing again. Works great.

The Weimans is a foam. I also read on GW that the wipes leave streaks but the foam and the micro cloth doesn't. Who knows? I just use the foam.

Micro cloths I have gotten in several places. Sur La Table has them (pricy). I have gotten most of them at Lowes. Much cheaper and they work great. They are where the cleaners are. I use the automotive ones. They are a bit thicker and more "cloth like." I think they come in packs of three or was it five? I can't recall. Just remember, don't put them in the dryer!

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Ah! So there is a "green" SS cleaner! I wonder why none of the stores carry the Method SS cleaner around me? (At least not the ones I've been to!)

Organic_Nettie...I tried the Weiman wipes and I found they were difficult to use b/c of streaking...even when doing the entire appliance. I'll try spot cleaning w/the spray...when there's a place to do it...right now my appliances are clean.

• jlab
    15 years ago

The other day on a whim I used the last bit of my Mr Clean Magic Eraser on our SS trash can. It was wonderful!! I just wiped it down and used a paper towel to dry the extra water off and it was spotless!!

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

I've used Stainless Steel Cleaner by Elco for almost three years.

Here is a link that might be useful: I ordered it here

• remodelqueen
    15 years ago

Funny, jlab. I used a magic eraser on my ss trash can too. Sometimes the M.E. is abrasive, but it didn't leave any scratches or marks. I used it on my ss hood also, got the grease (and the dust stuck to the grease!) off easily.

I bought my ss cleaner at Costco or Sam's. It's by the brand Sprayway. It gives a nice polish.

Mustbnuts, I wonder if you can locate the wipe that came w/your stove on ebay. It's worth a try!