Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
next Ikea cab sale?

Posted by erinb007 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 12:47

anyone have any insight on when the next sale will be for IKEA cabinets? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: next Ikea cab sale?

Can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it followed fairly soon on the heels of the sale that just ended. The buzz is that they will introduce to the USA the new Metod line, replacing the existing Akurum line, and so there may be frequent sales to clear the remaining Akurum stock.

o

good to know. Thanks

o

ps what's supposed to be better/different about the Metod line?

o

about Metod

Here is a link that might be useful: metod replacing akurum

o

i read somewhere if you join the (free, I think) IKEA friends and family or rewards shopper club that if cabs go on sale after you purchase them within the first 60 days, you can get refunded the difference. Anyone know if this is true? I tried calling today and was on hold FOREVER

o

bumping this to see if anyone has any scoop on the next sale?

o

erin, based on my ikeawatching I'd say you're about due for one. I saw someone on Ikeafans say October 5 for the start of the next sale -- so you might get lucky! Last year the sale was Oct./Nov., ending in late Nov.

o

And, yes, it is true that there is a price guarantee if you join friends & family (I don't remember the time interval, though). Plus other little perks, like free coffee, and sale notifications -- it is worth joining.

Anyway, good news! the sale starts Oct. 4 and runs into December.

o

whoop whoop! thanks raee for letting me know

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here