Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Will Frigidaire units fit 24 inch counter depth?

Posted by gracie76 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 12:46

Hello, I'm looking for advice on the Frigidaire Professional all Fridge and Freezer units. I'm hoping for a somewhat "built-in" look without the price tag but I'm not sure if our current cabinet depth of 24 inches will work. The spec sheet states that the minimum cut out depth should be just over 25 inches. I'm not sure why.

Has anyone installed these two units with their cabinets on either side measuring 24 inches deep? How did it work out; how does it look? In our kitchen, these two units will certainly be noticeable...I just don't want them to look ill fitted, or like a built in that went wrong.

Any experiences or pictures would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Will Frigidaire units fit 24 inch counter depth?

You need 26". That will allow the counter to die into the side panels.

o

Okay, thank you. I don't have any counter space beside the units only a wall of cabinets. I'm hoping we can recess the units into the wall then. Thanks for your reply.

o

Now sure what your layout is, but to make the fridge look 'built-in' you'll still need the room on either side of the fridge for the matching panels. See pics. Your base cabinets end at 24" so there is enough room to allow the fridge hinge and swing of the doors..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here