Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenlady303

Show me your kitchens will all refrigerators and freezers

9 years ago

I would appreciate seeing how folks in this forum have designed their kitchens with all refrigerators and freezer. I am having trouble deciding on my kitchen layout. I already own a Frigidaire all refrigerator and freezer and we love them. I have plenty of room to keep them together or seperate them but could use some new ideas. Thanks!

Comments (23)

• 9 years ago

My kitchen was completed 8 yrs ago. These are the Frigidaire Twins. The left is a pull out pantry from Lee Valley. Above are some of my cookbooks on display and then above that is storage for things that aren't used frequently. I have an 1890 home and the ceilings are TALL ! I have a good step stool for reaching. If you have any other questions please ask.

• 9 years ago

How do these fit in with your work triangle between the sink and stove? I am having trouble deciding if they should be on the same wall as my range or opposite my sink with an island I'll have to walk around.

• 9 years ago

How do these fit in with your work triangle between the sink and stove? I am having trouble deciding if they should be on the same wall as my range or opposite my sink with an island I'll have to walk around.

• 9 years ago

Hey...for some reason I can't post pics anymore ! I have no idea what is wrong with photobucket or GW. I don't have a work triangle per se. I use mise en place and remove all that I need from the Twins and set them on the end of the baking counter that is in the far right of the pic and is part of the main kitchen. I then prep there on the baking counter of transfer items to the island which forms my main triangle, for want of a better term. It is the sink to the right and the cooktop and the island. My ovens are adjacent to the baking area and also have their own landing space.

I can have people working in the sink area with a prep space next to it and one at the cooktop using the island and someone else also using the island from the other side...someone at the baking counter and using the ovens. The Twins being out of the zone prevents all traffic conflicts ! It is a miracle of great design :) I love it and after 8 yrs can honestly say I would never go back to having everything close in one area. I will try and post pics from another computer in a bit. Hope this explanation helps . c

• 9 years ago

you can see the ovens here and end of baking counter.

baking counter and you can see the Twins just around the corner

{{gwi:612474}}

mise en place on island..sink /cooktop/island. You will note my galvanized bucket for scraps. I don't prep at the sink.

better pic of triangle.

• 9 years ago

I have Miele 30" integrated all fridge and all freezer. It's all the same concept. :) I have them together, facing the short end of a small island. In the middle of the prep side of the island, right across from the cooktops, is a two drawer u/c fridge. I use it for produce for cooking, as well as things I might need in a hury in the standard work triangle like butter and a little milk, or a spare onion. The main fridge is about eight steps from the cooking, instead of just a pivot, but that works fine. It was double in my old kitchen, with no intermediate help. :)

Yes, that's really the fridge facing toward the dining room rather than the working part of the kitchen. Pulling out food to gather ingredients for a meal, is easy. Pulling out all the condiments, pickels salads, beverages, etc., that go on the table, and grabbing the ones that have been forgotten, is a bigger deal. This way, people help themselves to a glass of cold water without really getting into the kitchen. That was exactly the right choice for me.

Hope this helps.

• 9 years ago

Awesome kitchen trailrunner!

• 9 years ago

Trailrunner--i was thinking about you and R the other day. Haven't seen you on the boards for a while. Hope all is well!

• 9 years ago

Installing the end of the week- triangle to prep sink and stove, alternate triangle for clean up doesn't include fridges. The twins were a must for the client and this was the only way to do them that really worked and allowed adequate clearance for doors to remove crispers.

• 9 years ago

thank you snookums !

nyc...check your email :) I used the address I had from a year ago...let me know if that isn't right anymore. c

• 9 years ago

I notice a wash basin in the back yellow room with the glass doors. Is that your laundry room? Wow, what a house! Who could not love doing the wash there!

• 9 years ago

Omg, that is just unbelievably beautiful. Thanks for posting all the pictures! Very interesting house!

• 9 years ago

Thank you..you can come by anytime ;)...just email me from GW ! We will never leave it...have thought about selling and building or buying again but we love it too much. The big old porch and the high ceilings...we could never duplicate..and the quiet neighborhood. Sometimes you get lucky. Hope all this helps the OP !! thank you again for your kind words. c

• 9 years ago

bump....OP....hope we didn't get too far off track as to not be helpful to you. c

• 9 years ago

We are installing the Frigidaire twins in our remodel. We don't start until next month but we are SO excited!!! They were a must-have for us!

• 9 years ago

We split the twins up:

They're not in my work triangle, but are off to the side a bit, but not blocked from it by the island, which I prefer.

• 9 years ago

I am thinking of a layout similar to this one. What are your thoughts on the workflow in this kitchen?

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Vancouver General Contractors Axiom Luxury Homes

• 9 years ago

Gardenlady, that looks like a "barrier island" to me. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0215224819352.html

And a kitchen that large should have a second sink (but I think most kitchens should have a second sink, opinions vary).

• 9 years ago

As it is, it seems that the island is close to the stove. It you shortened the stove end of that island it looks like it will open up a good working space to move between the fridge, stove and sink.

• 9 years ago

Actually I have a barrier island now and don't mind it as a prep/serving space. The major problem with my island is that the cooktop is there. Everyone in our house has burned themselves on the hot surface (not realizing it was still hot) or by catching the end of a pan as they walk around.

Would you prefer to have a larger island and put the fridge/freezer on back wall to the left of the stove?

• 9 years ago

Hi gardenlady,
    I'm planning on having a similar kitchen to yours I think - 14 x 16 with 16 being the long wall of the U.

I've attached one of my main go to inspiration photos. We will have fridge and freezer units like you describe, and they'll go on the left leg of the U. (The side not seen on my inspiration photo)

I've posted on the kitchen forum a framed picture of our new build showing how I did the windows.

The one thing I would say is I want a big workspace on my island to be across from my sink, not my stove. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: [inspiration photo[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/mcevoy-kitchen-traditional-kitchen-newark-phvw-vp~1259541)

• 9 years ago

As is, ditto add a sink to island.
    Nite that those are either Sub-zero or Viking. Those can be had hinged either way.
    If using the "twins" the freezer hinges left and fridge right. In that layout hinging fridge right is awkward.