Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
discojones

Los Angeles Countertop Recommendations

discojones
11 years ago

Hi All...

We are starting to venture into options for our new countertop in the kitchen. Up until now, we've had our minds set on Silestone/Quartz counters, but we aren't against other materials.

Just wondering if anyone is in the LA area, and has some recommendations for places to shop? We'd like to avoid the big chains (Home Depot etc), but we also don't want to pay twice as much for going to some specialty shop. I'm sure there has to be a ton of great places in the city, but it's always nice to hear of someone snagging a good deal, or getting exceptional service.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments (6)

• wolfgang80
    11 years ago

We purchased our marble slabs at The Stone Gallery in Sun Valley. Other yards in the valley have more product but I liked the proprietor, Claudio, the Carrara he had at the time, and the prices at the Stone Gallery. He's a very proud Italian who could rub some the wrong way, but I liked him.
    I don't live in the valley, but that seems to be where all stone yards have set up shop.
    We were not shopping for quartz, and I don't remember which quartz manufacturers, if any, they carry.

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

I am very happy with my guy out of the Harbor City area of Los Angeles.

He became a Cambria dealer because I wanted this particular quartz. I like the color,Dovedale,and the fact it is made in the USA.

Small fabricator but very good prices.

Abel Reyes Marble and Granite
    310-420-3187

• annac54
    11 years ago

There are a bunch of stoneyards in the SF Valley. We bought our kitchen granite from Global Stone Trading on Keswick in Van Nuys. Hamid there was great to work with. They aren't a large place, but had some very nice stone at good prices. My friend used Pacific Shore Stone on Raymer in Van Nuys. They have some nice material there, although they didn't have the particular one we were looking for. My friend was very pleased with her dealing with them.

We were able to get interesting granite countertops for about the same price as HD charges for their bottom line granite. YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to do a little shopping to get a feel for things.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

Burbank/North Hollywood has a ton of great places to shop for counters, including quartz and other stone surfaces. I like Stoneville USA, Surfaces USA and Stone Mart in North Hollywood. Stone Mart is on Sherman Way which has a ton of tile stores too. Stone Mart is spendy, but they have some of the most beautiful slabs I've ever seen.

Also, Bedrosians has a couple locations in LA, but I was less impressed with their selection.

• naughtykitty
    11 years ago

My kitchen designer is in OC, but the fabricator he uses is up in LA. My countertops (Caesarstone) went in yesterday and look great!

If you'd like a quote, ask for Bruce and let him know that Meredith referred him. He is wonderful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Gourmet Kitchen

• discojones
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the tips! Looks like we're headed up to the valley to do some slab shopping!