Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finestra

backsplash in

finestra
11 years ago

We are slowly getting to the end. The backsplash is finally in. Only have a few more finishing details. As you can see, lighting makes a big difference. All three photos were taken with lights off.

Comments (34)

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Wow! The backsplash is perfect, and your whole kitchen is just gorgeous. I Looooove your stove.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

That backsplash is a perfect choice for you gray cabinets! Are the walls and ceiling really slightly peachy or is that just the photo? It's a nice counterpoint. Marble counters? -Love them.

• geomeg
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! Love the colour of your cabinets. Are your counters marble?

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

It absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! What is it? I love love love your kitchen. Your range and the detail in the hood are gorgeous.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

So cool!!!! Perfect with your kitchen!

• drewem
    11 years ago

It is beautiful! Lovely range hood also. Can you please tell us what tile you used?

• finestra
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks !

Counters are marble - Montclair Danby. They are pretty resilient. I had Granite Shield done to them and so far no stains. A few etches here and there.

The tile is Ocean Glass Tile. It changes all day in the light. It is from their Tessera collection and the blend is Beach Blonde.

Suzannes1 the wall color is BM Lancaster white. It really is a parchment/light canvas color. I think it is just my phone camera that makes it look peach.

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Your back splash is Gorgeous.Kitchen is Gorgeous!! I love the way the colors do change on those tiles. I have a few similar. They are pretty easy to clean too.I just use windex or any good glass cleaner.

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

I just tried to google Ocean Glass Tile, Tessera and I cannot find it. Where did you find it? I'm thinking it would be perfect in my kitchen. Thanks.

• finestra
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sanjuan girl it is Oceanside glass tile. I was wrong about the name. I think their website is glasstile.com

• drewem
    11 years ago

I was just looking at their website, and what a difference it makes seeing it on your wall instead of the tiny sample square!
    Your first picture looks nothing like the small square online. In a good way. There are so many pretty colors, it must have been a tough decision. Did you see it in person, or order samples online? Again, beautiful!

Another backsplash idea for me to keep in mind for the future. I love the shimmery aspect, and it certainly isn't dull or boring.

• hags00
    11 years ago

Very cool, can you snap us a lights on picture, I would love to see what the tile does in that?

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

more pictures.

more pictures.

more pictures.

oh, can we have more pictures of the gorgeous tile and the WHOLE kitchen?

Please?

With a cherry on top?

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Drooling and the lights aren't even on! Echo here...more pictures please, in more light (when available).

• dretutz
    11 years ago

Oh, wow. What a beauty!

• hermajesty
    11 years ago

Holy smokes! I'm drooling on my IPad! How gorgeous. You must be over the moon. Bravo to you, your kitchen looks stunning. And another request for lots more pictures please.

• enduring
    11 years ago

It is wonderful how the tile matches both the blueish gray cabinets and the tannish white ceiling. Well done.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!! I looked on my iphone but wanted to see on my computer!
    Amazing how each view looks different!!
    Glad to have you as an alumnus of the ABB club! I am about at your same spot - backsplash in and just a few finishing touches (mostly waiting for our table!)
    Definitely want more pictures!!!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Wow! That is spectacular!! Really, really gorgeous and special! Please, please, can you post another photo that shows the whole BS from the bottom of the uppers to the counter? I'd love to see the mosaic under the liner. Hard to see in the pics you posted. More please!!

• hellonasty
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• westleyandbuttercup
    11 years ago

So pretty!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW. Love the hood and the backsplash and the trim and did I mention the backsplash? LOVE it! Would love to see more pictures.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

simply gorgeous!!! Maybe it's just me and this time of year, but from a distance, your backsplash looks like falling leaves. more, more more....

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Great choices and congratulations on going out of the box. That truly is a elegant kitchen.

• finestra
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words. I will try to get more photos tomorrow. I wanted light and airy, yet traditional with a current twist.

Drewem - I saw samples at a local tile store and they looked totally different than the online photos.

As for the hood, it was done by Dutchwood.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Spectacular!

• harry5656
    11 years ago

YOU have very good taste. It is beautiful!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Perfect!!

Nancy

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

OH my that is gorgeous! I admire your bravery in selecting such a beautiful tile, it is PERFECT! I bet it is even more amazing in person!!! Congrats, looks great.

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

so beautiful!!!! can't wait to see more pics. post soon!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Wow! That is stunning. Truly, what a gorgeous kitchen.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

Gorgeous--and so serene!! Can't wait to see more pics!

• twosit
    10 years ago

This is really pretty. I am not usually a fan of busy back splashes but this is just gorgeous. Congratulations on a lovely job.

• Muffett
    10 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Well done.