Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
backsplash in

Posted by finestra (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 12:28

We are slowly getting to the end. The backsplash is finally in. Only have a few more finishing details. As you can see, lighting makes a big difference. All three photos were taken with lights off.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: backsplash in

Wow! The backsplash is perfect, and your whole kitchen is just gorgeous. I Looooove your stove.

o

That backsplash is a perfect choice for you gray cabinets! Are the walls and ceiling really slightly peachy or is that just the photo? It's a nice counterpoint. Marble counters? -Love them.

o

Beautiful!!! Love the colour of your cabinets. Are your counters marble?

o

It absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! What is it? I love love love your kitchen. Your range and the detail in the hood are gorgeous.

o

So cool!!!! Perfect with your kitchen!

o

It is beautiful! Lovely range hood also. Can you please tell us what tile you used?

o

Thanks !

Counters are marble - Montclair Danby. They are pretty resilient. I had Granite Shield done to them and so far no stains. A few etches here and there.

The tile is Ocean Glass Tile. It changes all day in the light. It is from their Tessera collection and the blend is Beach Blonde.

Suzannes1 the wall color is BM Lancaster white. It really is a parchment/light canvas color. I think it is just my phone camera that makes it look peach.

o

Your back splash is Gorgeous.Kitchen is Gorgeous!! I love the way the colors do change on those tiles. I have a few similar. They are pretty easy to clean too.I just use windex or any good glass cleaner.

o

I just tried to google Ocean Glass Tile, Tessera and I cannot find it. Where did you find it? I'm thinking it would be perfect in my kitchen. Thanks.

o

sanjuan girl it is Oceanside glass tile. I was wrong about the name. I think their website is glasstile.com

o

I was just looking at their website, and what a difference it makes seeing it on your wall instead of the tiny sample square!
Your first picture looks nothing like the small square online. In a good way. There are so many pretty colors, it must have been a tough decision. Did you see it in person, or order samples online? Again, beautiful!

Another backsplash idea for me to keep in mind for the future. I love the shimmery aspect, and it certainly isn't dull or boring.

o

Very cool, can you snap us a lights on picture, I would love to see what the tile does in that?

o

more pictures.

more pictures.

more pictures.

oh, can we have more pictures of the gorgeous tile and the WHOLE kitchen?

Please?

With a cherry on top?

o

Drooling and the lights aren't even on! Echo here...more pictures please, in more light (when available).

o

Oh, wow. What a beauty!

o

Holy smokes! I'm drooling on my IPad! How gorgeous. You must be over the moon. Bravo to you, your kitchen looks stunning. And another request for lots more pictures please.

o

It is wonderful how the tile matches both the blueish gray cabinets and the tannish white ceiling. Well done.

o

Gorgeous!!! I looked on my iphone but wanted to see on my computer!
Amazing how each view looks different!!
Glad to have you as an alumnus of the ABB club! I am about at your same spot - backsplash in and just a few finishing touches (mostly waiting for our table!)
Definitely want more pictures!!!

o

Wow! That is spectacular!! Really, really gorgeous and special! Please, please, can you post another photo that shows the whole BS from the bottom of the uppers to the counter? I'd love to see the mosaic under the liner. Hard to see in the pics you posted. More please!!

o

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

So pretty!

o

Wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW. Love the hood and the backsplash and the trim and did I mention the backsplash? LOVE it! Would love to see more pictures.

o

simply gorgeous!!! Maybe it's just me and this time of year, but from a distance, your backsplash looks like falling leaves. more, more more....

o

Absolutely beautiful! Great choices and congratulations on going out of the box. That truly is a elegant kitchen.

o

Thank you all for your kind words. I will try to get more photos tomorrow. I wanted light and airy, yet traditional with a current twist.

Drewem - I saw samples at a local tile store and they looked totally different than the online photos.

As for the hood, it was done by Dutchwood.

o

Spectacular!

o

YOU have very good taste. It is beautiful!

o

Perfect!!

Nancy

o

OH my that is gorgeous! I admire your bravery in selecting such a beautiful tile, it is PERFECT! I bet it is even more amazing in person!!! Congrats, looks great.

o

so beautiful!!!! can't wait to see more pics. post soon!

o

so beautiful!!!! can't wait to see more pics. post soon!

o

Wow! That is stunning. Truly, what a gorgeous kitchen.

o

Gorgeous--and so serene!! Can't wait to see more pics!

o

This is really pretty. I am not usually a fan of busy back splashes but this is just gorgeous. Congratulations on a lovely job.

o

Absolutely stunning! Well done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here