Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karmar00_gw

We are DONE!!!!

KarMar00
9 years ago

With two days to spare before baby is here, I'm happy to report that we are finished with this kitchen! I have learned a lot from this process and I'm overall happy with the result.

Befores:

After-

Forgive the lighting. My befores were taken on a sunny day in June and these afters are today... on an iphone... and photo bucket not taking my rotations.. o well you get the idea. These pictures definitely don't do my beautiful granite justice though.

Comments (26)

• Swentastic Swenson
    9 years ago

Huzzah! Congrats - what a difference! The granite is stunning. Well done!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Yowzer!! Amazing transformation.

• ReBe231
    9 years ago

Wow! What a transformation. It's beautiful.

• minty88
    9 years ago

Wow gorgeous!!!!

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

What a lovely kitchen!

• Niki Friedman
    9 years ago

Wonderful and right on time!!!! Congratulations on your kitchen and soon to arrive little one :)

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Nice transformation!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Woot woot! I'm glad you were able to finish in time :)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Great kitchen and transformation! Beautiful granite. What is it?

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Your stone is really lovely and goes so nicely with the cabinets.

• KarMar00
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all! And I'm considering it a good thing I didn't know about GW until about 85% through it as I can write off my "rookie" mistakes.

Here's my biggest one... not really understanding refrigerator depth...

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

Very nice. I know you will enjoy it.
    Love the pantry that shows around the corner in the last photo.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Looks great!

• KarMar00
    Original Author
    9 years ago

O and Mags, the granite is Juperana Delicatus. It is just awesome! I definitely love love my counters.

• jellyben
    9 years ago

So lovely! What kind of fridge is that? Looks smudge-resistant!

Best of luck with your new little baby!!

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Love it! Fabulous counters. Don't you miss those head bonkers on top of the peninsula? We had a kitchen of a similar vintage and couldn't wait to get it out.
    Congratulations on the new arrival!

• KarMar00
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jelly- thanks! It's the GE slate. When I heard it resists fingerprints, I couldn't resist.
    Vin- yes it's crazy that even though it was glass faced, taking it down has made a big difference. It was a pretty spot for my glasses though.

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Lovely job!!

• meddam
    9 years ago

What a difference. I bet you get a feeling of joy each time you walk into the kitchen! And we've all made mistakes - even if on GW for a while! Yours is minor :)

• taggie
    9 years ago

Totally lovely. Congrats on your beautiful new space and your soon-to-be wee one to help fill it with joy. :)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Nice kitchen, now we wanna see the baybeeee...

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Love the granite! What a great space now. It must feel great to get it all done before the baby's arrival.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Your new baby has most likely arrived & there's no time for GW. Your new kitchen is so spacious. Gorgeous wood cabinets & granite, lovely combo. Are those stone shelves in your pantry?
    Congratulations on your kitchen & your new little one!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I just love your Juperana Delicatus Granite Counters so much! I love your kitchen renovation!

Your backsplash is so beautiful also and goes so well with your counters and looks wonderful in your kitchen! Details please....

• thepeppermintleaf
    9 years ago

Wow!! Beautiful job!! I'm sure you will love using it :-) I especially like that you did a single level countertop for your peninsula- very pretty and functional too!

• zargunn
    9 years ago

Love your cabinets (I am one of the rare breed who is into darker ones :). What brand and kind are they?