Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mexican Backsplash Tile is Here!!!

Posted by mamasheshe (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 12:19

It will be installed next week if it rains. Contractor has an outside job scheduled for next week. Unfortunately, it is rainy this week and forecasted to be sunny next week.

The vertical tile will go in the area behind the cooktop and range hood. Then 4 rows horizontally along the bottom of the remaining bs separated from white tile with the blue pencil. The white tile will be brick stacked, but I laid it out straight on the floor.

Getting close!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mexican Backsplash Tile is Here!!!

Be still, my color-and-pattern loving heart!! Love it, mamasheshe! Just me, but I wouldn't do brick stack for white - it's just not my thing, and I think straight gives eye some rest after all that color movement gorgeousness. It's going to be spectacular - doing a rain dance for you!

o

Oh, but I think the brick stack will play nicely without being to busy JBGB.

What fun tile!!! I can't wait to see it installed.

o

Where did you get that? Or who makes it? That's just gorgeous.

o

The tile is from Tierra Y Fuego in the San Diego area. Shipped UPS and only one small piece broke.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mixed Deco Mexican Mosaic Tile

o

Praying for rain next week!

I like the white laid out straight. That's probably one of the busiest and most colorful splashes ever, so I'd want the simplest grout pattern possible for the squares.

o

Absolutely gorgeous! I hadn't seen that version of Mexican tile before.

I brick-stacked our 4x4s in our shower, so obviously I like it, although I can see the desirability of keeping it simple. Straight stack gives a modern look, without movement. I really don't see very much movement in my tile, more a lack of...no movement? :)

o

Ooooh - so exciting! I'm so excited to see your backsplash and Little Fishes entire kitchen. Hoping for rain!

o

mama - everything is looking so beautiful! It seems like a couple of weeks ago everything was just boards with GWers quibbling about the best color combinations - now the counter is in, pendants are up, and you're holding the tile in your hands. Amazing! I love this mosaic and can't wait to see "after" images!

o

Talavera makes me happy. Gutsy choice and I approve wholeheartedly!

o

LOVE IT!!!

o

That is so cool. Never have seen anything like it before.

o

Aha! Something about posting on here gets my juices flowing. I think on the perimeter backsplash, I'll rip off the strips and set them vertically too, like the cooktop area, and then stack the white tile straight. Will look much better, I think.

EAM, when I think of the people who have helped move me in the process, you're one of the first who come to mind. I can't wait to see the "after" images either. And just wait til you see my "before" pictures! What a transformation this is!

Fori, talavera makes me happy too. I'm thrilled to be paying homage to Mexico in a stylish and modern way. And yes, I love being called "Gutsy." I used to be gutsy, and then I had 5 children. Now gutsy means letting them do things. I used to be the one doing things!

Forecast for next week:
Monday mostly sunny 0% chance of rain
Tuesday sunny 0% chance of rain
Wednesday sunny 0% chance of rain
Thursday sunny 0% chance of rain
Friday CLOUDY 10% CHANCE OF RAIN

Do you think that front could come in early? I hope so!!!

o

Where are you. We are supposed to go bicycling in SC next week and supposed to rain all week so might change plans. Or maybe we can send the r a in your way!
Sure looking forward to another ABB alumnus!
That is one colorful and cheerful backsplash!

o

I'm in the St. Louis metro area. So that tile came a long way. But there is literally nothing else like it! Yes, please, send the rain! Or if not, come here to cycle. The weather will be gorgeous. Check out the Katy Trail. Great (flat) cycling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Katy Trail

o

Love the tile, what fabulous colors. Kitchen looks great- are those 30" CT's on the left? Looks nice and wide.

o

Mamasheshe, you're my hero! Colorful, bold, fun and beautiful! It just makes me smile!

o

oldbat, the CT on the left is actually a 37-1/2" peninsula with counter seating. Thanks. I'm so excited about my tile. It's a bold choice, to be sure, but one that I know will make me happy.

o

OOh, I like the new plan, that tile is great - something classic, rethought. What color grout? White?

o

Oh my oh my oh my I LOVE that tile! Sending rain your way....

o

I love that tile!

BTW, it's slices of their regular tile lines. Uses up small lots and tiles with broken corners really well. Costs more because of the labor in the slicing.

o

So very cool and different looking - can't wait to see the gorgeous final pics! Have fun :-)

o

There is now a 10% chance of rain on Monday!! Clinging to shreds of hope. Keep up that rain dancing!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here