Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magic Corner question - pulling out the first part of unit?

Posted by drbeanie2000 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 12:12

I could have sworn that I have seen units for which you pull the first unit and slide it to the side,and then the back unit automatically moves forward. Was I hallucinating? In the one just installed in our kitchen, we have to manually pull the second one out.

Could you let me know if you have any idea what I am talking about, and if so, tell me which kind of corner unit I mean? (In picture, pull on the handle on the top to get out of cabinet, pull to slide the RHS right, pulling the left unit out, but THEN, unit on the left opening automatically.)

Thanks, Bean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magic Corner question - pulling out the first part of unit?

Yes, you are correct. The back set should move forward.
Here is the official blurb on the Magic Corner ( made by Kessebohmer )

Description
Four-basket storage solution for blind corners. When you open the door, the two rear baskets slide laterally to face the opening. Because the front baskets are attached to the door, they can be removed completely from the cabinet when the door is opened. Each front basket holds up to 14 kg (30 lb.) and each rear basket holds up to 18 kg (40 lb.).

Did they install it correctly?

o
RE: Magic Corner question - pulling out the first part of unit?

depends on what you mean by the back set moving forward.

In one version of the MC, (I forget if it is MC I or MCII) the front set of baskets moves forward (out of the cabinet) and to the side automatically when you open the door,because it is attached to the door. In the other version, which I have, you open the door and then manually pull the front set of baskets forward and to the side.

IN both ersions, when the front set is pulled forward out of the cabinet, the back set is pulled to the side, so that it now sits where the front set used to --in other words just inside the cabinet behind the open door. If that's what you mean by pulling it forward, yes, it should do that.

In neither version, however, does the back set automatically pull out of the cabinet. You need to do that manually.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here