Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

For those with dish drawers....

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

What is the interior height of your drawers? 8" 11"? If you use the pegboard system, do you like it or would Cushy Cupboard liners work just as well? Thanks!

Comments (5)

• loves2cook4six
    15 years ago

My drawers are small but hold a lot. They are in a 24" stack, 24" deep cabinet, face frame and are 7" deep each.

The upper drawer holds 12 dinner plates, 12 salad plate and 18 cereal bowls while the lower drawer holds 18 each of dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls and saucers. Mugs and cups are in upper cabinets

If you're wondering why so many - we keep kosher so have separate milk dishes from meat dishes.

We use Cushy cupboards and soft close drawer glides and have no problems even with rattling.

• mrs-mjt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

loves2cook4six, Thanks so much! It is so helpful to know how deep your dish drawers are and how much they hold as I need to sign off on my cabinets ASAP!

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

Love my dish and silverware drawers. They are 36 inches wide by interior space:

Top: 2.25 inches deep
    Middle: 6.5 inches deep
    Bottom: 6.75 inches deep

They are all lined with cushy cupboard.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Mine are sized similarly to loves2cook4six...We actually have 2 banks of drawers, each at 23" wide and 24" deep.

The top drawers are shallower, about 5" deep. 1 holds 25 cups/mugs, and the other houses little ramekins, custard cups, etc.

The other 4 drawers (2 per bank) have 10" of clearance, but the drawer boxes are 7" deep. In other words, I could store items that rise above the drawer box by 3". One drawer holds 30+ salad plates and 30+ dinner plates, one holds 9 stacks of 4-5 bowls, one holds extra plates and serving pieces, and the last one holds our storage containers (like Tupperware, but not).

These aren't all full at the moment, but here's a photo:

• mrs-mjt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks! I'm finalizing these details with cabinet guy.