Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Clock Ideas

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 12:03

Looking for some ideas for a kitchen clock. I'm open to most anything as long as it has a "clean" look, no Old World stuff. Would appreciate any ideas! Size anywhere from 11" to 24". Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Clock Ideas

Does your kitchen have a theme? My current kitchen is rooster themed, as I raise exotic chickens as a hobby. I have a very nice rooster clock.

Once we move into 'The Mule House', my kitchen won't have the rooster theme but all the rooster items are going into the dining room.

What price range do you have for a kitchen clock. I'm a WalMart shopper. An 'upgrade' for me is Target, so those are the places I'll start looking for my own new kitchen clock in the coming months. Hobby Lobby also has nice clocks. That's actually where I got my current rooster one.

Would you like to show a photo of your clockless kitchen?

o

If you want really clean, basic and classic, you could look at Howard Miller Gallery Wall, Accuwave II, Easton, Corporate, Office Mate, Aries, Murrow, Alton, Spokane.

You could also look at Howard Miller Classic 24 Hour at Design Within Reach, or Nomon Sunset, or Nomon OJ for very minimalist clocks, also at Design Within Reach.

For pure minimalism I just use the clock on the front of my range. Of course that's not visible long distance. :)

o

Thanks for the pointers, mulehouse and pal, I will check them out!

o

I love the Schoolhouse Electric Clocks. You might also try Bai clocks.
I love my super trendy Numero clock by Roost.

I love this DIY project to make your own clock:
http://camelotartcreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/clock-knock-off.html#.UEzfuo6ok20

Here is a link that might be useful: School House Electric

o

Since my oven has a clock as well as my microwave and the intercom (it is a 26 year old house and they all had them then) the last thing I need is a clock. Do your appliances have clocks? After a power outage it is a small nuisance resetting them.

o

Like Deeebert, I think that my kitchen already has too many clocks. My previous kitchen, which had older appliances without electronics or clocks, needed a wall clock. But that wall clock is now sitting in my closet cause it is un-needed now (it was from LLBean, clean-lined and a little preppy, but LLBean doesn't carry it anymore).

You will be amazed at what is available at Target. Do a search there for "wall clocks". They have clean modern clocks, retro clocks, color, and, well, unusual, clocks - you name it.

Do you want a clock for the aesthetics, or will you actually use it to time things? The reason I am asking is that many modern-look clocks don't have a second hand, and don't have the 60 individual minute sections on the clock face. For practicality, the first one I linked above that is a clean modern clock has the second hand, shows all 60 minutes, and has the date as well.

o

If you have clocks on some appliances, what about something like a day of the week clock? I often take more time to figure out what day it is than what time due to the abundance of clocks on appliances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here