Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

Please recommend a pull-down faucet with clean lines...ASAP

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

I'm running out of time and need to make this decision now! I didn't have the benefit of doing a lot of planning ahead of time as our new kitchen was a last minute decision when doing an addition so decisions have come more quickly than I like but it is moving fast! :)

In my old kitchen I had a Grohe Europlus pull-out and liked it. I'll be using it in my laundry room.

I like a clean contemporary look. Pictures appreciated!

Comments (36)

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

How about Kohler Simplice?

• mrs-mjt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the picture! I've been looking into the Simplice because I like the clean line spout! My only hesitation is that I was hoping for a single hole. How do you like yours? Is your granite delicatus?

• bbstx
    15 years ago

I'm considering the Ikea Bagvik for my kitchen. I cannot find any comments specifically on this faucet, but others have commented favorably on Ikea faucets.
    Can't get photobucket to cooperate so I can post a pic, but here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Bagvik

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

Yes the granite is delicatus. I LOVE it. The gray in the granite looks wonderful with the stainless appliances and fixtures. As far as how well I like the simplice....I can't tell you yet because they are not hooked up. We are a couple months away from moving in. The simplice pictures above is the smaller one for food prep sinks. The other one is a bit taller. I am pretty sure Kohler also makes a single hole Simplice. My faucets both came from Ebay.

• lagrant
    15 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE my KWC Eve...single hole

Here is a link that might be useful: KWC faucets

• nuccia
    15 years ago

I have two Grohe K4s in my kitchen. Sorry I did not take the time to show you the photos close up, but you should get an idea of how they look once in. FYI, the faucet is installed with the control wherever you prefer and the head swivels completely. You can always change the position (I did). I think I got it for about $480 online (solid stainless). Costco.com carried it just after I bought mine.

Front view of faucet

Rear view of faucet

• rhome410
    15 years ago

We have the Kohler Simplice on our main sink and one of the Elkay Moda faucets on our prep sink. They are both about the same size, and we are happy with both of them. The only thing I miss on the Elkay that the Simplice has is the option to switch from stream to spray, but someone said you could get a part to make that happen. Not sure about that yet, and it's not a huge deal. We have both in chrome. Here they are in place, so you can get an idea of scale. Since the photo of the island faucet isn't very close, there is a retailer's photo linked below.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: the Elkay Moda faucet we have

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

I've got a Rohl pulldown faucet that has clean lines and it works great. I have been very happy with it (although I think it is a little big for my smallish sink, but not worth changing out.)
    k

• morton5
    15 years ago

I'm sure you have read this, but keep in mind that with the higher gooseneck type faucets there will be splashing if you wash your hands or anything else near where the water exits the spout (in the stream of water above the counter). I love the look of the Grohe K4, but think I am going with the Europlus (the one you are moving to your laundry room) to avoid the splashing issue. I don't think I could retrain my family to keep the washing down in the sink.

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

I bought the Moen Level and have been pretty happy with it so far. The look is similar to mamadadapaige's Rohl, but fit my cheapskate mindset a bit better. :)

No pics of it at the moment, so off to Google.

Here is a link that might be useful: My faucet on moen.com

• raehelen
    15 years ago

I have the Blanco Rados. I have the control swivelled to the side. The faucet swivels 360 degrees. Love the gooseneck for filling vases, and for me, it's probably a good thing that the pull-down is rubber- less likely to break delicate glassware, etc.

• jessie21
    15 years ago

Kohler Simplice does also come in a single hole. my local lowes has them.

• dkass
    15 years ago

We ordered a Danze - Parma single handle pull down model. My husband found the cheapest price at www.buyplumbing.net. He said the price on this website was significantly cheaper than other sites/stores. Good luck!

• rhome410
    15 years ago

And there it is, right on the Kohler site! Mist be new. I wish they'd had these last year. Oh, well. I hope the escutcheon plate is optional.

Here is a link that might be useful: Single hole Simplice

• nomorebluekitchen
    15 years ago

I'm planning on getting the Hansgrohe Interaktiv Talis

{{!gwi}}

Although I gotta say that Rohl that mama posted sure caught my eye...good thing I haven't ordered yet!

Anita

• outonalimb_2007
    15 years ago

I think I will be ordering the Blanco BlancoKontrole. Very simple and modern without being over-designed, IMO.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet

• zelmar
    15 years ago

Re: Splashing with high goosenecks. In a recent thread it seems that most of the responders did NOT find splashing to be problem with these faucets. Actually, since there is so much space between the faucet head and the sink there is plenty of space to adjust where you hold your hands so that you don't splash--unlike my old 70's faucet where things HAD to be held close to the faucet head since there was so little room. I do find some splashing when the faucet is in "spray" mode but it's less than the splash I get from separate hand held sprayers. I find no splash when the water is in "stream" mode. And I love the large space between sink and faucet spout---lots of room to maneuver large pots and buckets.

We've been happy with our 2 Cucina Andreas for the last 3+ years.

{{gwi:1570742}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Cucina Andrea Chef Pull Down Faucet

• margieb2
    15 years ago

We have the MGS Progetti. It had all the features I wanted: 10' reach, pull out spray without having to hold the button. I must say however, that I wish I had seen Mammapaige's Rohl before I purchased. That also would have been a contender!

Here is a link that might be useful: MGS Progetti

• caryscott
    15 years ago

We went with this Pegasus model. I like it but I find the handle contrasts a little bit with the clean lines of the rest of it. It was on sale and it ticked all the required boxes (brushed nickel finish, pull down, one hole, one lever and a ceramic disc with brass consruction). Not installed yet. We got it for 1\2 price at Home Depot.

• bethesdamom2008
    15 years ago

We have a Delta Allora pull down on both the main and the prep sink. It was less expensive than the Kohler Simplice we originally wanted and has a magnetic catch to keep the spray head in place when it is not pulled down. I understand that that was a problem with some of the Kohler pull downs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Allora

• grannysmith18
    15 years ago

I'v been looking at the Hamat faucets. The 2 that I like are the Everest and Dominique. Both have at least a 9 inch reach (I'm getting a big sink, so I'm concerned about having to "bend in" too much to reach the water. Also, they're about 8 1/2 inches high, so I'm hoping to avoid some of the splash issues folks are talking about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamat Everest Faucet

• janestarr
    15 years ago

How about the Kohler Forte?
    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/300x350/aaa13596_wbg.jpg

Jane in CT

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Forte Pull-down

• mrs-mjt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm checking them all out!

• positano
    15 years ago

Bethesdamom,
    Any problems with your soap dispenser on the Allura? I read a few bad reviews and heard it comes loose a lot. Otherwise seems like a great faucet.

Sorry for the hijack!

• organic_nettie
    15 years ago

margieb2

It looks like you have a faucet on the side (and I guess a D sink) and you have a handle for a window to open behind it. I have an Anderson window with two crank out handles and I thought a D sink with a side faucet would get in the way of opening the window. I was going to get the rectanglur sink and center faucet instead. (do you have any problems opening the window. Thanks for you help.

• mrs-mjt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rhome, FYI, I called Kohler and the single hole Simplice K-596 has an optional escutcheon plate.

• margieb2
    15 years ago

organic nettie,

It's actually not a d-sink but a 30x18 inch rectangle. We needed to position the faucet on the side so as to allow for the full motion of the lever handle. It doesn't interfere with my window cranks at all. It is actually a few inches to the left of the window crank.

-Margie

• nycll
    15 years ago

wow this page was great! i am desperately searching for a faucet & am making myself crazy. i love the rohl pull out spray! it's beatiful. also just found a franke that i like.. similar tot he blanco rados but a bit taller

Here is a link that might be useful:

• furletcity
    15 years ago

I just installed the Kohler Simplice, single hole installation. There's a picture of it in my post (10/13-DIY kitchen- 1st time photos). I really, really like it.

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

One thing to consider when you buy -- some faucets will send the water out a bit, since they're not all of 180 degrees -- and some, like the Rohl, will send the water *straight down*. So you need to make sure that the water will go where you want it, given how far from the sink the faucet will be installed.

Example: We have a Simplice, which works much better for us than the even less expensive PP Contempra I started out with, because the more obtuse arc made it go just further enough into our sink that I don't splash the back window anymore when I'm washing things.

• victoriajane
    15 years ago

We are in a similar situation to yours - need to make a decision on fixtures in a hurry - we have spec'd out the danze como single handle pull-down faucet for our prep sink. Very clean lines and reasonable price.

• Jim Peschke
    15 years ago

I needed to pick a faucet that had a handle that didn't tip back too far because I was worried about it hitting the backsplash or window overhang. I have a large sink and only 24" to work with. That's why I ended up going with this model. It is the Hamat Ergo. I bought mine from faucetdirect.com. Mine is chrome, the picture from Faucetdirect is stainless I think.

Organic Nettie: If you check back on this thread, here's the answer to the question you asked me in another thread about what my faucet was.

Picture of Hamat Ergo in chrome (sorry not too close up):

Close-up from website (I think this one is stainless steel):

- Jim

• nycll
    15 years ago

i think i just bought a faucet. after going to see the franke ff- 1600 this morning, i decided against it because the pull out spray looked very small & difficult to use.
    i just ordered the hansgrohe axor citterio .... it's tall [17'] modern & the price wasn't too bad

Here is a link that might be useful: hansgrohe axor

• furletcity
    15 years ago

Here's the Kohler Simplice, single hole, no deck plate:

• monroviamom
    15 years ago

I'm a KWC fan as well... we opted for the Systema & just LOVE it.

Here is a link that might be useful: KWC Systema - In either Chrome or SS