Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Kitchen-better late than never

Posted by suzannesl (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 11:55

onedogedie pointed out that I "forgot those magic words "Finished Kitchen" in your post title" yesterday. You're right! Here's a re-post for those who missed it.

Overview, Lights, grout, and floor. Floor: Eco Timber bamboo, color: toffee.

Although I've posted all sorts of photos of things in my kitchen, I never got around to posting a "finished kitchen." Hence, better late than never. In my defense I will say that I kept waiting for the ceiling trim and the light rail trim to be added, but it turns out that my DH is opposed to both. We'll see.

On the Finished Kitchens blog, you get to choose the size of your kitchen. Mine came in 5 sf over the "tiny" category, moving it up to "small." It is small, but of all the kitchens I've used over the years, I'd rank it at the top end of usable and convenient. I think it's having an opening at both ends of the L that does the trick. It also helps that the dining room is right the other side of the peninsula which keeps the space from being claustrophobic. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: My finished kitchen at

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Kitchen-better late than never

Beautiful cabinets, pendant lights, love the blue painted wall! What is the paint and color blue is the wall? Counters compliment the cabinets, what are the counters? Bet you really like your faucet! Nice tall pantry cabinet next to the table! Congratulations, now you can really enjoy your new kitchen! Wish we were finished, our kitchen is in the gutted stage - still trying to select a turquoise blue for the cabinets so they can be built!!

o

Very functional, and beautiful, too! I agree that having the dual openings is a great functional element. Your cabinets are beautiful as is, I don't blame your DH for not wanting to add anything more to them.

Love the stools, too. Very pretty!

o

Beautiful cabinets. They look like mine. are they maple? Enjoy your new kitchen.

o

Beautiful cabinets. I really like the island lights too. What great detail you gave for everything you used. Enjoy!

o

Totally lovely! The cabs are so gorgeous, love the rich depth of color and the granite sets them off perfectly. What are your counter stools? They look fantastic too.

Congrats on your beautiful new space!

o

I almost missed this!
Very, very nice. I also love how delicate your stools are against the more tailored cabinets.

You've done a beautiful job!

o

Your kitchen was one of my inspiration kitchens!

o

Reaaly nice! Cabinets are so rich looking. Enjoy!

o

Looks great! Lovely kitchen!!

o

I love how you have super optimized the effiiency! Everything looks so convenienty placed! Love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here