Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunt7191_gw

Reveal Day!! White Kitchen

hunt7191
9 years ago

A big thank you to all of you that have inspired and offered advice, I would have been lost! I blogged the start to end process to offer tips to my friends going through it if you care to read it..., the link is at the end. : )Thank you!!!

Info:
Cabinets: Custom- Dutchwood Color: Ben Moore: Cotton Balls

Counters: Calacatta Marble

Appliances: Microwave drawer-Jennair, dishwasher/ovens/rangetop- thermador, fridge- subzero

Tile-Sonoma Tilemakers Creamy Crackle

Faucets- Perrin & Rowe for Rohl

Floors- Acacia hardwood LW Mountain

Lights- Sloane pendants by Visual Comfort

Counter Stools- Pottery Barn Napoleon

Here is my new kitchen:(cherry before photos will be at the end).

Here is a link that might be useful: remodel blog

Comments (30)

• wags848
    9 years ago

Wow! Beautiful. Love the marble & the contrast with the floor. Light fixtures are wonderful, as is the sink. I also like the glass-front upper cabinets...a nice detail.
    Awesome job!

• fatherdowling
    9 years ago

wow it's absolutely gorgeous!! I love everything about it.

Who makes the hood?

• echobelly
    9 years ago

Very classy! Love that the cabinets go to the ceiling. I hate that useless space that just collects dust many people have above their cabinets.

• marykh
    9 years ago

Beautiful detailing. What a lovely space!

• hunt7191
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much! I just saw a couple of the photos look upside down so I'll need to figure that out ; ) I'm sorry, I forgot..the hood is Modernaire custom stainless 42 inch.

• KayakCove
    9 years ago

Lovely!!
    I was wondering what length are you two walls of cabinets & island size?
    Thanks a bunch
    :)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. The countertops are to die for. Love them!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Spectacular!!!!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Absolutely stunning. I'd love to run my hands across you marble. Is is polished or honed?
    I'm filing a picture of your Modernaire hood, just in case I ever do another kitchen.
    The dark wood floors look so pretty with the white cabinets & marble. Love your glass cabinets.
    I read your blog & saw the lipped acrylic cutting board. Those look like they would work well to protect your marble. Do they fit on your thicker island countertops? You mentioned on your blog that you're looking for something to protect your marble around your range. I attached a picture of the RangeKleen Silverwave Countermats. I've ordered them from Home Depot & The Kitchen Company. Amazon has complaints about damage during shipping. They are heat resistant to 350F. Very lightweight & I store them in my vertical storage.
    Congrats on your gorgeous kitchen!

• hunt7191
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Romy, you are a lifesaver, I will order those now! The acrylic ones def can't handle any heat but I bought the largest size from improvents just to give me a safe space for vases, keys etc. They fit over the island fine. The lip doesn't come down as far but I think I'm going to use it as a placemat for my 11 year old son bc it's light and big enough : )

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Awesome!
    Love your cabinets, counters, and everything about your new kitchen!!!
    Great cutting board - looks so perfect
    The pendants play off your hood so nicely.
    Now, we need more pictures on your organization and KAW as well.
    Congratulations!!

• aries61
    9 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. Curious, how wide is the sink cabinet including the decorative columns?

• Lisa
    9 years ago

Oh WOW! So gorgeous. My favorite element (if I had to choose) is that HOOD...love it, just love it. Love your floors, counters, upper glass cabinets w/lighting, and really everything!

• Niki Friedman
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Is the Calcutta on the island thicker than the counter? Contemplating this with our Danby slabs.

• hunt7191
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Viennamommy19, I looked everywhere in Virginia for Danby and couldn't find it! The Calacatta is the typical 3 cm but on the island I had them miter cut it so there is a 2.5 inch lip so it looks like a solid chunk. It was a nightmare for my guys 1) bc the slab size was huge 2) it was crumbling at the thin miter point so they curved that edge over a bit.

• amck2
    9 years ago

So fresh and beautiful! Congrats!

• ReBe231
    9 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful kitchen. You did an amazing job. I can't imagine having so much space to cook in. I love the white kitchen but thought your old kitchen wasn't so shabby either.

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Wow, what a really lovely kitchen! Great job!

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

omg, that hood is some serious bling! But I haven't met a Modern Aire hood that I haven't loved yet.

Love that you have a pull-out cutting board. My KD said she designs few kitchens with them these days but DH and DS2 threw a hissy fit when I said we weren't going to have one when we remodeled. So now we are. :) Would you please take a photo, head-on, of the cutting board with it closed and with it open? It looks like it's just below the counter surface so I'm curious to know about its install. Thank you!

Your kitchen lay-out is so much better than before. You must love cooking in it!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Wow! What a change! It's gorgeous.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, enjoy!

• Linda
    9 years ago

All I can say is WOW! Absolutely gorgeous in every way! You should be very pleased - enjoy!

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Love, love, love your new kitchen! So light and bright with such beautiful finishes. Love your Calacutta and your pendants especially. Enjoy!

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

It's beautiful!!! I love the Modernaire Hood (but wish that the Modernaire dealer in NorCal wasn't such a crook!).....I am a marble lover for sure and your slabs are fantastic :)

The Sonoma Tilemakers tile is wonderful--I used them in a bathroom and love the look. Is the pass through above the sink to the DR or the FR informal eating?

Post a pic of the dogfood station relative to the rest of the kitchen. For some reason, I can't seem to envision where that wall is with respect to your whole kitchen. Did you move any walls?

9 years ago

Beautiful outcome, and I echo the thumbs-up on the ceiling-height cabinets with glass on the top. How tall are your ceilings? We're contemplating the same in a small kitchen with 9' ceilings, and I read the thread regarding how high to go with great interest.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I just love how bright and happy as well as gorgeous your kitchen is! Your counters are so beautiful! I love the white on your cabinets. I love the stools. I love your dark wood floors.

What size are the cabinets? How high is your ceiling? Thank you for sharing!

• hunt7191
    Original Author
    9 years ago

UPDATES: Thank you for your sweet words. Here are some answers to questions. I apologize it has taken me a few days, I just found out 2 days ago we are relocating. I haven't even finished unloaded the boxes into my new kitchen, I am beyond devastated. I started purchasing for this project 9 months ago..and it looks like I'll have maybe 2 months to use the kitchen before the move. Anyway, If I answer more questions with a lot of errors it will be because of the tequila I'll be drinking to get through this:

Aires61- the sink cabinet with the little columns is 40 ý wide. The actual sink is 30âÂÂ.

Lisa_a About the cutting board. I havenâÂÂt cut on it yet, but IâÂÂm super messy so I thought anything to get as close to the trash possible is a win. Here are a couple of pics.closed and open.

Firsthouse_mp- that cutout above the sink is into my kitchen nook where we eat, so I thought I could use it as a service area or like a line cook and yell âÂÂorder upâÂÂ. Our floorplan is a bit funky for the kitchen, so unless I wanted to take out windows whick I LOVE WINDOWS, I was pretty limited in configuration. Hopefully this pic of where the dogs eat will allow a better idea of layout from across the island. DidnâÂÂt move any walls, just turned the ovens at a 45 angle to bring closer in.

AvatarWalt & Lynn2006- ceilings are 9 ft as well. I just measured since they arenâÂÂt a stacked cabinet if that makes sense, itâÂÂs one tall cabinet with two doors. The cabinet itself is 48â then there is 5âÂÂinch moulding on top. If you were to stack cabinets, from a look standpoint, the bottom doors are 28â tall and top door 14âÂÂ.

Hope I didn't forget any questions!!

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

How lovely!!! I don't care what people say about trends, white kitchens will be gorgeous until the end of time and food will always look good in there! Have you quit petting your counters when you walk by yet? LOL! So pretty. And that hood rocks!

• hunt7191
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kiwigem- ha! Thought I was the only one that petted counters!!!

• millmacc
    9 years ago

Oh, no! I know you must be crushed about having to leave after emotionally investing in this beautiful redo. Take a deep breath and make sure to enjoy these next couple of months in it---even in the busy-ness of preparing to relocate. And know there must be a good reason for it!