Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cambria Torquay photos

Posted by lisa0527 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 19, 11 at 11:44

I know several of you have been looking for photos of the new Cambria Torquay quartz, which promises to look a little more like marble than most quartz does. The holy grail of quartz!
In my searching today I came across this kitchen with multiple pics of Torquay installed in a kitchen. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cambria Torquay kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cambria Torquay photos

Thanks so much for posting this! I have the 12x12 sample and love it, but I'm not really loving it in these pictures. Hmmmm...

o

Same...it looks great in my sample, but not as great in the photos.

o

I'm hoping maybe it just doesn't photograph well? Or am I being delusional?

o

Same here. I've had some nagging not-exactly-regrets on passing over the Torquay because the local dealers weren't 1) easy to find, and 2) anxious to make a sale. Basically, I gave up on them and found a granite I like. But I sometimes have wondered... Seeing these photos, I'm now sure I made the better choice for our space.

o

I wouldn't go by the photos at all! Acylic, granite and quartz tops never look true in photographs. I have a Caesarstone Carerra display in my showroom....a regular photo...the tops look like solid white. Until I do a close-up, they look like nothing special. But people rave about this piece in my showroom.

Here are the pics.

From a distance:
Photobucket

Closer up you can see the detail better:
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I just got my sample too. It is going only on perimeter counters - behind a huge walnut island. It looks much better in person than the pics, and much better than the OKITE sample I have. It may be still a little gray but the best, most accurate marble look quartz out there I think. More expensive than marble but bulletproof - 24 hours of red wine didn't stain. Perfect and easy to clean . . .

o

We have Rain Cloud by Corian and it has a real marble vibe. It does not pretend to be the real thing, but if you like marble, you will probably appreciate it.
The Caesarstone Carrera was a real disappointment in person. To me it was a light counter with spots. It did not have the right feel if you want something along the lines of marble.

o

Thanks, kompy, for your pictures and for reassuring us it will look better in person. The sample is so nice, and it's not at all plastic-looking like some quartz.

athensmomof3, I'm with you on the stain testing. I tried everything - red wine (with a bottle sitting on it), coffee, black raspberry jam, etc. - overnight and it all wiped up with a damp paper towel.

Please, anyone who sees it in real life or puts it in their kitchen, let us know how it really is!

o

I so WANT to like the solid-surface manmade materials. But it just looks "fake" to me, I guess because it is too perfect and unvarying in pattern. I would just rather have a natural stone.

o

It's been a very good surface and we are pleased. I still dream about marble, though!

Close up:

From Drop Box

Pantry:

At work:

Island:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here