Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Does anyone have Ticor sink with cutting board?

TxMarti
11 years ago

I found this photo online and showed it to the guy who is here templating (YAY!) to make sure they know what I want, and it confused him that this is a smaller sink and the cutting board is across the front instead of the side like mine will be.

But I've googled and can't find a photo of a single bowl sink with cutting board with positive reveal.

If any of you have a photo or can take a photo, I'd appreciate it.

Comments (12)

• fraker
    11 years ago

You won't need a positive reveal with the Ticor sink with cutting board. The cutting board does not sit on the reveal with a Ticor sink as your picture shows. There is a ledge built in to the sink which the cutting board sits on.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No, there is no ledge built into my sink.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is the one I got.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Don't know if this is too late ... the Ticor cutting boards have a ledge cut into the bottom side. The cutting board sits up on the granite, and hangs over the sink. It doesn't sit right on the sink edge. I think you would have to have a pretty big positive reveal for the cutting board to fit down inside and sit right on the sink edge.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

would the photos of the Kohler Stages sink help? The sink does have a ledge, the pieces are not sitting on the lip of the sink.

Just google Kohler Stages and you will find lots of pics.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"... the Ticor cutting boards have a ledge cut into the bottom side. The cutting board sits up on the granite, and hangs over the sink. It doesn't sit right on the sink edge. I think you would have to have a pretty big positive reveal for the cutting board to fit down inside and sit right on the sink edge."

Crap. That's why it would be nice if these places would show their products installed too.

I just called Galaxy and asked, and the guy said that the template is designed so the cutting board sits on top of the granite, bu if that's not what I want, I can have them cut the opening wider and have the cutting board sit on the sink itself, if the fabricator can do it.

So now a call into the fabricator. I really wanted it to sit on the sink so juice from fruit can't run off the cutting board and all over the counter.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I installed my sink with a positive reveal, and plan (someday) to use a cutting board in the manner you suggest. (Right now, I use a Franke sink grid that sits on the top of the sink lip.) Someday I will get around to making a cutting board to fit there.

Do you know anyone with some woodworking skills? (This is easier to come by than people with stone skills!) You could certainly modify a cutting board to sit on your lip.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Angie, that's a good idea. I bet the cutting board could be modified. Although, it's a pretty wide lip underneath, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I am 3 hours away from my sink or I would go take pics.

Marti, your sink & board have not come in yet ? My board has a groove routed around the edge of it to catch liquids and they drain into the sink at a semi-circle that you use to lift the board off the sink. I have the S405D. Which sink are you getting ? I don't know if all of the cutting boards have this same drain groove.

Here is a pic I found online. See on the topside of the board how there is a drip catch routed groove all the way around, leading to where it can drain into the sink. This looks like the S6502 or S6512.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0700125626659.html

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've bought and received the sink, but the fabricator took it to their shop. This is the sink I got, and the photo on their website shows the cutting board on the sink, so I assumed that's how it would fit.

Angela, the cutting board is a lot like yours, so if they have to do a negative reveal, I guess I can live with it. But I wanted one like my dd has, with positive reveal and her cutting board fits into the granite opening and sits directly on the sink edge. She doesn't know what brand hers is as the POs put it in.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Does this help marti8a? We have a Franke and I've always second-guessed myself about the positive reveal. The board fits fine on what we have but the instructions said to not do a reveal at all. That said, I initially thought it would be really cool to have the board in the sink but usually have it put away.... not a feature we use for some reason. Best, oldbat2be

• angela12345
    11 years ago

If they cut using the template that comes with the sink, you should have zero reveal, not negative, not positive. I definitely did not want negative reveal because of gunk hiding up under that little ledge. I wanted a slight positive reveal for cleaning purposes. But, I got zero reveal. : (

Beautiful sink !! You will love it !

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks oldbat, that does help. My cutting board must be a bit larger, but when placed on the sink, there it hit about halfway on the sink edge. I didn't look at my dd's sink to see how much of it was glued to the granite.

angela, I was concerned about that gunk underneath too, but mainly I just wanted the cutting board to fit inside inside the granite so all the juice from something like a watermelon would run into the sink and not the countertop.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!