Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skoochabelle_gw

Your experience with a pulldown faucet?

Skoochabelle
9 years ago

I've narrowed it down to these options style-wise (in chrome). If you have one of these, can you tell me what you like and don't like about it, and if you would choose the same faucet again? I'm mostly concerned with water flow (not overly powerful but not too weak to rinse a plate), ease of use for the sprayer and the toggle button, and if you've had any leaks or repair issues. Please also indicate how long you've had the faucet.

Kohler "Vinnata"
Moen "Brantford"
Newport Brass "Jacobean"
Newport Brass "Nadya"
Delta "Cassidy"
Grohe "Bridgeford"

I'm having such a hard time making this decision. Style-wise I like the Kohler best and it seems to be a popular choice that people are happy with, but I've heard the spray head drops down off the dock when not in use, and the toggle button I saw in a showroom seemed like it might be hard to use, but it also may have been broken on the floor model.

I like how the Delta one clicks in magnetically, but the style is more angular and I like the curvy ones better. I've heard Newport Brass is made by Delta and it has a magnetic dock, but I haven't found one of those in a store to see/feel it in person and I've only found a handful of reviews (which were positive).

Comments (11)

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I have the Grohe Bridgeford. While I like the looks and feel, one feature it lacks which annoys me is the spray does not lock on, which means the button must be held with one hand, not allowing the spray to be used with both hands. Poor design! Since it was my first pulldown, I knew not what features to look for, I wish I had known about GW when I selected it.
    Not inexpensive, so I'm living with it for now...

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

We have a Grohe Ladylux (Cafe?) with a pull-down faucet, and really like it (been in/in use for over 7 years). The spray does NOT lock on, and while that would be nice, it wasn't, and still isn't a deal breaker for either of us. The spray/faucet head is very ergonomic, and is a good fit for DH's larger hands, and my smaller ones. It's easy, and comfortable enough to hold the spray head in one hand, and to hold the button in when the spray feature is needed or desired.

• northcarolina
    9 years ago

I have the Moen Brantford and I like everything about it. The spray does lock, the toggle button is very easy to use, it re-docks itself easily every time (has a weight that pulls it back into place), and -- this is the main thing -- I never have to think about my faucet. The height is great for rinsing off tall things. The pause button is handy for filling pots next to the sink. (I never saw the point of a pause button before and it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but I find myself using it quite a lot.) I especially liked the price.

If I were doing it again I would get the exact same faucet, or possibly another one in the Moen Reflex line if I wanted a different style. The Brantford's handle sticks out far enough that I can operate it with my wrist when my hands are chickeny; that's why I chose that particular one. (I definitely wanted a one-hole, one-handled faucet that pulled down, not out.)

edited to add: Forgot you asked -- 2 years, no problems. We have Moen bathroom faucets that are 16 years old and work just like they did when they were installed. I am hoping the kitchen ones will be just as durable. And we have chrome too. :)

This post was edited by northcarolina on Wed, Sep 3, 14 at 13:50

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

I would not get one that didn't have the magnetic feature and I sacrificed style to have this fail safe and no regrets.

• kcorn
    9 years ago

We just installed two grohe ladylux faucets. The first is the cafe touch style for the main sink. The other is the prep version (non touch). I love both of them and because it's the new model, grohe fixed the spray and now you can lock it into spray position (vs holding the button). I love them both so far!

• Skoochabelle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for this great info! I need to decide in the next day or two and this is really helping. :-)

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

I had the Kohler Vinnata in a previous kitchen and I loved it. The sprayer was really great, and the faucet worked wonderfully. I am not getting it this time around because I am eyeing a pre-rinse style faucet.

The sink I had with my Kohler Vinnata was the Blanco Silgranit Super Single which is about 32" across. The Vinnata is a big faucet which went well with that sink. Because the Vinnata is big, keep that in mind with whether it would go with your sink. Maybe it also comes in a smaller size too, I'm not sure. In any case I recommend it because it is both lovely and functional.

• carolt924
    9 years ago

I have the Moen Brantford, two years, love it for all the reasons northcarolina stated, also easy to keep clean. I have the same line in my bathroom for the sink, tub and shower. Great customer service and lifetime warranty!

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Strange... The Grohe pulldown I installed this summer does have a spray that locks on. So do ours at work and they were put in 3 years ago. Mine is a Minta though.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I'm fairly certain the Minta (and maybe the Ladylux too) come in both versions - locking and non-locking. Be sure you check the specs for the one you order. We have the Hansgrohe Citterio and I know that one comes in both versions -- the locking was a tiny bit more expensive, but worth it to me. We also looked really hard for one with a toggle for the sprayer (on many, you have to turn off the water altogether to get back to stream from spray, we wanted to be able to turn the sprayer on and off and on again with a button).

• sombreuil_mongrel
    9 years ago

I installed a pair of Kohler Vinattas in 2006 (one at main sink an smaller one at prep) They are both still going strong, and the only things cosmetically wrong were my fault: I grabbed the handle of the main sink one while I had some acid (phosphoric) on my hands, and it left a fingerprint (polished nickel finish). I forgot to wipe it off; it probably would not have left the mark if I had gotten to it immediately. It was a good lesson, and the handle I'm sure can be replaced for less than the cost of a new faucet.
    The pull-down is greatly valued, and the clean look it gives. I chose to have the faucet be the only upright "things" coming up out of my soapstone (the air switches for the disposals are real low-profile, and don't count :p)
    I give the Vinatta full marks.
    Casey

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert