Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

Got "White Diamonds" for anniversary

debrak_2008
11 years ago

Our anniversary was last Friday and our White Diamond aka bianco antico granite was installed. We are really happy with it.

Here are some photos, sorry the lighting is not great.

This is a view of the island coming down the stairs.

There are areas of "spilled cinnamon" on the granite which I love. DD said its going to make her crazy as it really looks like cinnamon which we use alot of. I actually sprinkled some cinnamon on it to see the difference. The granite "cinnamon" is redder and darker.

Close up of the island.

More cinnamon.

I know seams are always and issue. Here is mine but I really can't see it unless I put my glasses on. It shows more in the photo than IRL. Really happy with how it came out.

BTW since templating has been a hot topic lately. Ours was templated with cardboard. They brought it back to us and suggested we use it while work is being done (trim, backsplash, etc) to protect the granite. DH keeps it on all the time now since the kitchen is not functional yet.

DH is working on the window and floor trim. Still have plumbing and electrical to do.

We are really glad we went with the white diamond. It is so interesting. Everyone wants to touch it all the time. The kitchen is not functional but already the island has become a magnet. DD already did craft projects on it with hot glue. I said no worries!

Comments (23)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Oh, dahhhhling. You SO deserved the diamonds. ;)

It looks great! Do you have a bs tile in mind yet? That was one thing I had trouble looking at when considering BA. White tiles were too white, yet beigey one were too beige and blah. And I couldn't go cinnamon in my head for the bs. Looking forward to seeing finished, sans cardboard.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Lovely!!! What a perfect anniversary gift--any sort of diamond!!!!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Isn't that just beautiful!
    It goes so well with your cabs, too. And, I went back to look, your floors! I love the variations of browns, all the way to the cinnamon.

You must be dancing in place, given how well this is all coming together.

Great job! You wear them well!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for BA. It looks great. Congrats.

And that is exactly what we thought...rivers of cinnamon.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

nice! Do you know (or have ideas) for the backsplash. I love the idea of drawing out the cinnamon, but I think that'd be too dark with your cabinets...

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Great anniversary gift!
    Diamonds are forever so hope you enjoy that gorgeous kitchen for many years!

Backslash?

BTW what is your wall color?

• slush1422
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! BA was one of my top choices when doing our kitchen. Your's looks sooo pretty.

• drewem
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait for your backsplash reveal!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Oooh, so pretty! I think I'd be wiping up those cinnamon spots all the time too. lol

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So I went to get out the bs tile for a photo and started to freak out. We chose it from the granite sample. When I first held it up on the wall I started to 2nd guess. I then looked around and found the areas that are really close to the tile color. The granite has so many variations in it I can't even say what color it is. In fact when people ask me what color is white diamonds and say, you just have to see it for yourself.

So I am calmed down now and here are some photos, the hardware just arrived!

Again the lighting is really bad right now.

We already purchased all the tile including a 1/2 inch black pencil liner that I can't find right now.

The paint color is SW balanced beige but we had it mixed in Valspar.

Thank you for all the nice comments!

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I love it.

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Awww, diamonds really are a girls best friend! Looks beautiful and very diamond worthy.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Love it! Especially with those gorgeous dark cabs.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Panic attacks allowed! I had many along the way!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

That's one beautiful chunk of diamonds! I want a lighter stone in my kitchen this time around that isn't high maintenance like marble. Maybe I need some diamonds too! Is it a durable stone, no staining and etching?

Can't wait to see your finished kitchen. Looks great!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Forgot to mention, love your floors. Can you please tell me what they are including the color? Thanks.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Isn't that just beautiful!
    It goes so well with your cabs, too. And, I went back to look, your floors! I love the variations of browns, all the way to the cinnamon.

You must be dancing in place, given how well this is all coming together.

Great job! You wear them well!

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The floor is Bruce canadian maple hardwood in cinnamon. Bruce offers several maples in cinnamon so you have to be careful when comparing. Got it at Lowes (special order) as they had the lowest price.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

I was thinking the floors matched the "cinnamon" in your countertop and it does even in name! Thanks for the scoop and the tip about color variation.

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The best thing about the granite is that it seems to bring together the different woods. Purplish cherry cabs, cinnamon floor, and two other woods that are at the kitchen perimeter (on the other side). I carried the granite sample around the house and it seems to go with everything so that sealed the deal.

We start the backsplash tomorrow morning. The pencil line jog around the range is going to stress me out!

• kaysd
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful! What a great anniversary present.

• lorkay
    10 years ago

I was so glad to see all the positive posts about antico white granite. Thanks, Debrak, for the lovely photos. We ordered it for our brand new kitchen, but haven't had the templating yet. On another website, 50% of people said they hated it!!! That really scared me because I love it. We have natural cherry cabinets, which will darken somewhat over the years, and I think the antico white will highlight the cabinets beautifully.