Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinahollywood

Finished Kitchen ! Pictures! THANK You!

tinahollywood
15 years ago

With a great deal of help from this forum, we're finally finished! Had originally dreamed of a white-on-white kitchen but changed direction when I fell in love with the green backsplash tile. Seems to fit our 1930's Spanish well. Could not have done it without you.

Here's the rundown:

Cabinets: Dynasty Moxy

Countertops: Honed Absolute (no finger print problems)

Island: Dynasty Heirloom Black

Counter: Giallo Reale Marble

Floor: Daltile Cotto Antico Rosso

Backsplash: Ann Sachs Collection Fog Green beveled subway

Fridge: Bosch French Door (paneled)

Stove: Bertazzoni

Range Hood: Windcrest

DW: Bosch (paneled)

Pendants: Schoolhouse Lighting (very nice people)

Sink: Shaw's

Faucet: Grohe Bridgeford

Shades: Calico Corner

I might be finished - but it hasn't stopped me from checking in DAILY!

Comments (39)

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Congratulations! What a beautiful kitchen! That green backsplash is stunning, and I love the warmth of the floor tiles. Everything works: the dark counters, the beautiful yellow toned island top, the floors, all balanced by your great white cabinets.

You must be so thrilled. Happy cooking!
    Eliz

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

WOW! You did such a terrific job. I remember your search for a beveled backsplash tile and all I can say is that it looks fabulous! The whole kitchen looks amazing! I love how warm and true-to-your-house the kitchen feels -- the backsplash, the flooring, the island countertop all make it feel so inviting and warm.

As a white kitchen person myself I know how easily they can feel cold, but yours is the absolute antithesis of cold. I love it, tinahollywood -- congratulations!

• lauriencali
    15 years ago

WOW! That is an absolutely gorgeous kitchen!

Congratulations and enjoy~

• annes_arbor
    15 years ago

It's an absolutely beautiful kitchen. I especially love the green tiles and the pulls on the cabinets. Congratulations!

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Nice! Your honed AB looks very different than what we were shown...I like yours! (We were shown a dull gray and didn't like it or the fact that fingerprints showed!)

• mindimoo
    15 years ago

Verrrrryyyy Lovely! The design truly shows a person with taste who cares about the aesthetic integrity of a period home. Great work, you must be so happy!

• janefan
    15 years ago

Your kitchen looks beautiful...it's easy to see why the green backsplash tile inspired you! Everything works so well together. I love the detail at the top of the open shelving to the left of your range!!

• User
    15 years ago

Beautiful, I love that backsplash tile and the wonderful floor. Everything. c

• igloochic
    15 years ago

You've already heard this, but it's gorgeous :) The design is well thought out, and the color choices, as well as textures, are perfect together. Great work :)

• iris16
    15 years ago

Very beautiful. Could you tell me about the light hanging over the table in the adjacent room. Maybe a picture? I'm looking for something similar.
    Thank you

• sw_in_austin
    15 years ago

Such a beautiful space. Congratulations.

I'm just waiting for my green subway tile to come in and be installed to call my new kitchen finished. I hope it turns out half as well as yours has!

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

Lovely, just lovely!Very pleasing to my eyes.

• maydl
    15 years ago

So, so pretty! I love the continuation of the window sill across the green tile--at least that's what it looks like, because it casts a shadow. Is it a narrow shelf, or just trim? What a gorgeous job you've done with this lovely space.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    15 years ago

Congratulations. You selected everything very well. It all blends into a cohesive whole. You were very sensitive to the historic nature of the home. Nothing is jarring or screaming "look at me". The tile was an unconventional choice carried out perfectly. And it _makes_ the room.
    Am I seeing a rounded corner on a 45* wall that transitions to a sharp corner just at the ceiling? If so, double kudos for such an ingeniously subtle detail. If it was original, triple kudos for keeping it! If I'm seeing wrong, "never mind"
    Bravo anyhow. Just beautiful.
    Casey

• Jean Farrell
    15 years ago

Very beautiful kitchen. Looks like it fits perfectly in your home. Great job!

• minette99
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I love the honed granite and the marble, arched doorway and lovely cabinets. This is so well pulled together. Enjoy!

• skw1009
    15 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen.....Love all of your choices, especially the green tile and your tile floor...One of my favorite kitchens posted on GW....Congratulations on a beautiful job!!!!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

What a neat looking kitchen! It's got just enough nice "twists" to make it pop, while retaining a classic feel. Great job!

• nwpepper
    15 years ago

Bravo - a truly charming kitchen!

I'm especially glad you posted as I'm considering Omega/Dynasty Moxi cabs as well but haven't seen an installation (sample door is hiding in my dining room). Great look - which white did you go with? Pure White, Pearl or Oyster?

• kitchenkelly
    15 years ago

I am a big green fan so I LOVE those tiles. The whole kitchen is fabulous. Congrats!

• busybme
    15 years ago

Really great job! Your kitchen turned out beautifully...enjoy!

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Oh, so pretty! I can see why you fell in love with the tile. Great choice. Beautiful kitchen. Love the cabs, floors, everything and may steal away your Bosch fridge. How do you like it? Just gorgeous! Congrats! You must be so happy!

• tinahollywood
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow you guys! I'm tearing up! I really love the kitchen, but I'm always second guessing my choices, so it means a lot to hear such lovely compliments.

pepper07 -- The Moxy cabinets were a LAST MINUTE switch (can't remember our original choice). The color is Oyster. I was afraid it might be dingy, but they're quite a clean white.

sombreuil_mongrel -- haha! I wish I could take credit for some "ingeniously subtle detail" but I don't think I can! Darn.

maydl - Yes, the window sill continues through the tile and makes a shelf. We were kind of forced to do this because of a quirk in the foundation (there were loads of quirks like this that we had to work around). I was afraid it would be awful, but I like it!

iris16 -- The lamp you see in the other room was an ebay find. Looks better in the picture than in person. You might want to check out La Fuente Imports. They have some lovely wrought iron chandeliers. I have my eye on this one: http://www.lafuente.com/product.php?pid=5183

Thanks again, everyone! You're the best.

T

• morton5
    15 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen. I think your kitchen is a wonderful example of how a soffit can look beautiful. People sometimes have a kneejerk reaction against them, when they can look great!

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen so much! I especially love your rich and beautiful tile floor and your beautiful green backslash as well as everything else in the kitchen. Your kitchen is one of my favorites.

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Great choices! My tile flooring is very similar and I am loving
    that gorgeous backsplash! I may have to borrow that idea!

morton is right! I had to go back and look because I had not even
    noticed the soffit because the space is so lovely!

Congrats, vic

• justnotmartha
    15 years ago

Very nice!! I like the way the hardware and the pendant lighting share a similar shape . . . sometimes it's the little things that catch a person's eye. Very beautiful - awesome work!!

• katmandu_2008
    15 years ago

Oooh, I love it hollywood!!!! I am having Dynasty/Omega installed in about 10 days also in oyster (my island will be dark too) and so glad it looks so gorgeous in yours!!! Puts my second guessing fears to rest - although I don't even remember Moxy as a door style choice. !! Love it!

Agree with comments that you have made it both classic and warm, with plenty of special features that "pop." Happy with that faucet? I just ordered same too. Really love your very interesting layout. Congrats and enjoy!

• rosalita
    15 years ago

Wow, I LOVE your kitchen!! The gorgeous backsplash and the farm sink just add so much warmth and beauty. Everything goes so well together. You definitely have an eye for design and you have a kitchen worthy of a magazine spread.

• vitta_2008
    15 years ago

Looks beautiful. I love the backsplash!!! Good health and luck with it!

• karenfromknoxville
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful kitchen! I love the tile floor and the marble counters. But my favorite is your built in wine rack. That's definitely cool and something I would love to have!

Enjoy and best of luck!

Karen

• hoodgrad
    15 years ago

It is beautiful! Congratulations and Enjoy it!

• saa203
    15 years ago

Love it!

• User
    15 years ago

Awe, what a great job you did! I love the arched doorways and lovely backsplash! It all works so well together. Beautiful!

• sher_nc
    15 years ago

Very nice! I really like your backsplash too.

• annekendo
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting. It is gorgeous! I just picked out some Dynasty cabinets in Oyster from my local lumberyard today (they are called Embassy there), so I'm happy to see your pics. I especially love your cabinet pulls. Can you give me some details on the pulls?

• tinahollywood
    Original Author
    15 years ago

annekendo -

Thank you for the compliment. You'll be pleased with your Dynasty cabinets.

My door pulls are Hickory Hardware Cumberland, 4 3/4", in Vibra Pewter. I have a few drawer knobs (Hickory Hardware Manchester, 1 3/8") but went with mostly pulls throughout. Not sure I'd do that again -- it's a little busy with all that vertical metal!

The appliance pulls are Top Knob Bead End (18") in Patine Black. They match closely enough. Got everything from Myknobs.com. Very easy to work with and handled a return with no problem at all. Highly recommend.

• Lexi Hooley
    3 years ago

Do you happen to have any leftover floor tiles you'd sell me? I purchased a home with those tiles throughout, and I need to patch a few tiles as part of a remodel but the tile has been discontinued ...

• Danielle Gottwig
    3 years ago

I like the combo of floors, tile, and island counter you selected. They all play off each other. It looks great!

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals