Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chitownkat

Can I see your beige-y granite countertops?

chitownkat
10 years ago

I wish there was a forum just on countertops! I have searched and digested the previous threads on this topic and am looking for a granite in the beige family that does not have a lot of movement or a large pattern. (Giallo Ornamental? Bianco Romano?)

I have found it is incredibly helpful for me to see larger pics of countertops "in action" as opposed to looking at a small sample.

If you show me yours, I will show you mine (when it is installed in a few months).

Again, many thanks.

Comments (15)

• suzanne_sl
    10 years ago

Perhaps not beige-y enough, but this is Kashmir Gold

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

Very pretty, suzannesl!

• Amy Sumner
    10 years ago

Ok, my slab (not yet installed) is busy and has a lot of pattern, but it is beige-y and I love it. It is Bianco Gita. It will be on the island so will really show it's beauty. Can you tell I'm excited? I know it's not what you are looking for but thought you might enjoy seeing it anyway. :) FYI, there is not any pink in it--not sure why the picture is funky. And of course the warehouse lighting doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea!

• kylady7
    10 years ago

Mine hasn't been installed yet as well...Sitting at the Granite Yard waiting for my cabinets to be installed so fabricator can come and take a template. I will only have a small snack bar that this will flow down to from my U shape counter tops...Can hardly wait...This picture sure doesn't do this piece of granite justice! It is Bianco Romano

This post was edited by calyle7 on Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 9:59

• chitownkat
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Anyone else? Please? Pretty please with granite on top? I am going to the granite place in 9 days!

• illinigirl
    10 years ago

sum,
    that is gorgeous! I am going to put that one in the back of my head. We want a beige-y granite too. Do you think that color stone would work with yellowy beige walls (like BM Chestertown Buff)?

What color cabs are you putting with it?

• Amy Sumner
    10 years ago

illinigirl, any chance you are on Facebook? If so I'd be happy to share our reno album with you so you can see what we are doing. The cabs below the island (the granite above) will be dark blue. The perimeter cabs are called Horseradish by Olympic and are a warm white, not quite almond. That top will be Silestone White North. The Horseradish looks gorgeous with the Bianco Gita too so I would imagine the Chestertown Bluff would be lovely with it. I'll attach our working sketch for you to see to get an idea. We love the Bianco Gita. This one is more beige-y/almond than most, per the wholesaler. Gita is often more taupe than almond. It is also known as White Galaxy or Galaxy Bordeaux. However, when I googled the Galaxy Bordeaux I did not see the resemblance. White Galaxy, yes. Hope that info helps...

• Sherrie Moore
    10 years ago

Here is my new granite. Cream Delicatis. The walls are painted SW Basket Beige. Island is Cherry wood with a Tobacco stain.

• kylady7
    10 years ago

That is Absolutely Beautiful!!! Love ..love it!!
    And also your colors ...What color do you have in the hall?

• Sherrie Moore
    10 years ago

Thank you Calyle7! Funny you should ask, because the painter is here this week and just finished the kitchen in the SW Basket Beige. He will paint the great room in SW Softer Tan tomorrow and the hall you see is SW Believable Buff (50% darker) but will be Basket Beige tomorrow! I am just finishing up my kitchen remodel

• Amy Sumner
    10 years ago

buckeye, your cream delicatus is stunning. Lovely kitchen and home.

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I don't know if these photos will come through, but I can transfer more from iphone to ipad. I think I went to 8 yards at least.

• localeater
    10 years ago

Here's mine, it's madre perla quartzite, I have also included an old link you might find helpful

From GW Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Warm white granite

• jess1979
    10 years ago

Not installed yet. It has beige in it. It's Indian Gold Juperana. This is for the island.

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

My overall color of our Typhoon Bordeaux Green appears beige/taupe but then the color of the Bordeaux and Green run through it. If you are looking for more neutral but like the Typhoon (movement,) then regular Typhoons or Typhoon white or silver are nice options.

Our backsplash is a taupe travertine. And we painted in Ben Moore Kangaroo, plus the cabinets are Macademia - so overal beige look, just pops of color in the granite and the glass tile.

OK, first pic shows you that the overall appearance is beige/neutral. Second shows you the actual color and veining in the granite. I adore it!

Good luck!