Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

i'm done!! finally done! yay yippee!!!

deedles
10 years ago

I can't believe it but I'm done. I've picked out everything. My cabinet sizes are final. Lights purchased, faucet sitting in box on floor looking at me, hood insert waiting in box, cork floor boxes stacked up, ceiling planks in the garage, white oak boards at the cabinet makers shop, counter top chosen and now, I have found THE TILE.

First, the Ann Sacks mint green teeny subway tile for the 6" backsplash and then for the feature over my stove I found Weaver Tile out of Michigan. Drop dead gorgeous tile.

All the colors work beautifully together with the stove and sink.

In the image below, the stove is greener than IRL and the tiles look bluer, but IRL, they are spot-on perfect together.

2 solid years of TKO. There is hope, for any newbies reading this... THERE IS HOPE!

And now the assembling starts! (Is it okay to squeal when you're 52 years old? EEEEeekk!)

Presenting my finished dreamboard. Last one. (click the image to make it bigger)

Here is a link that might be useful: Weaver Tile

Comments (35)

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Congrats! Of course you can squeal (LOL) it's been two years!!!

Everything is beautiful together and I can't wait to see pictures of your progress. It's your new kitchen!!! :)

• rosylady
    10 years ago

I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's done. It's going to be really unique. Love the green stove!

• vdinli
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful dream board! Now you can sit back and watch your vision come to life. As a newbie, you have given me hope that one day the decision making process will come to an end!

• bpath
    10 years ago

Ooh, lovely choices! And that Weaver tile! Checked out their other offerings, definitely an artisan to keep in mind. It's going to be a wonderful kitchen.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I love it. One of a kind.

PS I am disappointed though, I though this was a reveal! Will be watching out for that!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Congrats!!! There comes a time to $%## or get off the pot, n'est-ce pas? Good for you. Can't wait to see it all come together.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

So excited for you! You have really done this the right way - taking your time, assembling all of your materials, etc. I hope it goes wonderfully smoothly for you! What brand is that pretty light?

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Done? Looks like you haven't started yet! ;-). Good luck, may it all go smoothly.

• SaltLife631
    10 years ago

Congrats!!! I look for to seeing your vision come to life, best of luck.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lavender: It IS my new kitchen! You've been watching this since the beginning and I thank you for all your ideas and support, truly.
    Rosylady: I can't wait, either (unfortunately I must still have patience, but...)
    Vinudev liny: Have hope. Oh, man if you could only have seen my first (ahem, hundred) dreamboards. It must also be said that this kitchen would in NO way be anything like it is now planned without Gardenweb kitchen people. No way. I am so thankful for this forum.
    bpathome: yes, really the images on the website don't do justice to the tiles in real life. And he is such a nice man, just he and his wife making tiles. He said that he trained at Motawi but had no formal art training so he just did what he thought looked good. Might be crude to talk $$ but the prices are... well, he should probably raise them actually. And, the National Gallery of Art picked up his tiles are are selling them there, too.
    mtnrdredux: thank you, I take 'one of a kind' as a high compliment from you. :)
    linelle: abso-flippin-lutely. I feel I have left no stone unturned and can now leave the, uh, pot.
    kksmama: Oh, let me tell you about assembling materials. I could have a 'kitchen samples' rummage sale. Actually, what on earth am I going to do with all this stuff? The light is from Millenium Lighting, linked below.
    food: haha. Poke me I think I'm done.
    Saltlife: thanks for the good wishes.

Poor DH, he's right now trying to understand why I want the receptacles mounted horizontally which causes him to have to put in more nailing. Probably mumbling something along the lines of: '(%*gardenweb($@*$&(!'

Here is a link that might be useful: millennium lighting

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

Yay Deedles!!! So excited for you! You have a great eye for detail and it's been such fun watching this come together with all of the helpful input on this forum. Can't wait to see it "live". Congrats!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Wow, gorgeous and reasonably priced! Your dh won't garner any sympathy around here: he is lucky to have such a thorough and thoughtful designer!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

You've kept your sense of humor throughout the whole ordeal too! Can't wait to see it! That Weaver Tile is so pretty. I love how it ties in the color of the cabinets.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

You've kept your sense of humor throughout the whole ordeal too! Can't wait to see it! That Weaver Tile is so pretty. I love how it ties in the color of the cabinets.

• eclecticcottage
    10 years ago

Good for you! Loving the weaver tile, I must have missed something somewhere-where's the heron? I'm still jealous of that Chambers :P

• caitlinmagner
    10 years ago

Love your inspiration board~ I cannot wait to see the finished product. When does construction start?

• Majra
    10 years ago

I did the same thing--chose every last detail before demo. It seems to be an unusual route around here, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! Your choices are beautiful and definitely inspired; good luck with the installation!

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

eclectic: Oh, the heron. Well, the heron tile guy was rather odd: so much so that I didn't think it was going to be a workable relationship. I asked him several questions that he didn't answer and then after a few days I got an email from him full of ALL CAPS telling me I'd better decide if I wanted him to make them or not as he didn't have time to fool around with people that who weren't serious and if I didn't answer him by the end of the day he was deleting me from his email. Bye, bye heron tile. It's okay though as I like this tile even better.

mayflowers: my sense of humor is mostly intact. DH however isn't finding much very funny... we're officially started into year 3 of this and he's getting tired. I brought some nice rib steaks out to him today and will make him a nice dinner with some grilled taters and broccoli from our garden. And wine.

kksmama: I thought it suited the stove era (close enough anyway). The price is nice, just hope it's of good quality. Should be here by Friday.

Anne2326: Thank you and be sure to stick around for the assembling of the kitchen! Really hoping I won't be one of the people posting "Oh No! Now what do we do?" threads at any time in this process.

Kitten: it is happening as we speak. DH is doing the wiring right now and the window will be delivered Thursday. Then finish up insulating and then drywall and THEN the wood ceiling and THEN THE SOLATUBE and then the FLOOR AND THEN THE CABINETS, COUNTERS AND TILE (in November, boo) and then hopefully we'll have one more Christmas in our soon to be old house and then we can move. *phew*

majra: I do like the feeling of having it all picked out. If the stove and sink weren't such buggers to work around color-wise, I could be an ABB member and pick something at my leisure, but I'm glad to have it all worked out now.

This post was edited by deedles on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 15:02

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Oh - that Weaver tile is perfect and gorgeous. It has the colour of the stove, the cabinets, the floor, the sink. Little piece of nature to tie in with the window views. I can't wait to see that feature come to life.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

You are such a tease ; ) I thought this was your reveal and I was thinking, boy, that was really fast. Can't wait to see it done.

• enduring
    10 years ago

That Weaver tile is beautiful. Wonderful looking mood board too!!!

Edited to say that I don't think Lavender Lass took a look a the Weaver web site otherwise she might have commented on this:

This post was edited by enduring on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 19:56

• enduring
    10 years ago

Or, this:

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Yay! I'm so excited to watch your dream come to life!

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Oh, how lovely! But I was expecting a reveal as well.

You are going to LOVE your Solatube! I had a contractor friend install mine (two in the dining room). I came home at lunchtime to check on the progress. Friend was at lunch. I walked into he room thinking "What the heck - Mark left halogen lights on in the dining room when he went to lunch?" But no - it was the skylights! I can hardly believe the amount of light they provide.

My dream was to be able to sit at the table and read the paper without turning on the lights, and I most certainly can do that. I like the soft glow of moonlight at night too!

This post was edited by annkh on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 20:18

• rosie
    10 years ago

Wonderful, Deedles! I like everything a lot and can't wait to see it.

Thanks for posting the Weaver Tile site, too. Wonderful stuff. I was wondering where I could tuck the little squirrel peeping out of a tree. They're having an open house in October. If only they were in this part of the country.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Deedles, it is all just lovely. I can't wait to see it all come together!

• angela12345
    10 years ago

I also feel like I was April fooled. In September. I couldn't believe you were done already and I was right. : (

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

angela: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to April fool you. Guess I'm so glad to have all the stuff picked out that it feels done to me.

Lavender are you out there? You do have to check out the Weaver Tile website... bunnies! All the animal tiles are so cute and I'd love to have the childrens series somewhere.

{{!gwi}}

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

What a tease! Although, I must say, for you, this must be such a relief. I only have my cabinets, faucet, sink, fridge, range, oven, floor selected and I'm over the moon. I still have counters, sink, tile, DW, paint, and....to go. Whew...what a job!!!

Really looking forward to the see your vision all come together. You really are in the home stretch...patience is the key. Good luck!!!

• Ivan I
    10 years ago

Deedles I enjoyed your April Fools, and admire your zest.

That tile is so special and beautiful. It definitely deserves to be designed around, and it looks like you have done that well.

• bpath
    10 years ago

You're getting Solatubes you lucky ducky. I miss mine!

I'm going to design a space around Weaver's owl tile; I can just see the little fella as part of a fireplace surround, in the study of course!

• rosylady
    10 years ago

I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's done. It's going to be really unique. Love the green stove!

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Oh my...look at those bunnies! I love the bunnies!!! They're so cute :)

Enduring- Thank you for posting those bunny tiles. They're wonderful! I have to go check out that website. I wonder if I could add a few bunnies in my kitchen, right now!

Deedles- That tile is so sweet...it would be perfect in a children's room or reading nook. I wonder if Mama Goose has seen these.

• miruca
    10 years ago

Oh so lucky you to have this done ahead of time! Love your choices.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Lavender lass, you are very welcome :)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!