Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet organizers

Posted by jbarbash (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 11:14

Hi I am new to this forum and new to kitchen remodeling.

I like the modern look of slab maple cabinets w a glaze. I don't know the comparable general price, or sturdiness of these compared to shaker painted
Cabs, which I also considered. I am thinking of Diamond cabinetry.

I want durable cabinets for the long haul and would rather save by making economical choices in regards to choosing drawers or pull out cabinets, the types of organizers that may be essential, and whether you can get good organizers afterward for a lot less money that are not built in to the cabinets.
Thanks very much for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet organizers

In my last remodel (about to start another), we used after-market cabinet inserts/organizers partly because the cabinet companies offerings were more expensive, but mostly because I liked what I found on the after-market better (but still not INexpensive) - Hafele and others.

My current KD/cabinet store person SUGGESTED we use after-market products because the ones that the cabinet line offers are so much more expensive.

My two favorite things were the condiment pull-out I had to the left of my cooktop, and the vertical tray/cutting board/cookie sheet slots to the right and above the refrigerator.

o
RE: Cabinet organizers

Thank u, sjhockeyfan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here