Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lcskaisgir

Help!! Looking for the "perfect" white quartzite or granite

Lisa
10 years ago

Having a hard time finding the "right" stone. I would like a white stone w/gray (such as calacatta or superwhite) AND beige/taupe (such as taj majal). Is there anything out there w/a combination of both colors?? I can't find anything...

Something similar to this but maybe a little more subtle. And does anyone know what the name of this stone is?

Comments (8)

• mom2samlibby
    10 years ago

Have you looked at white macaubus?

Here is a link that might be useful: [white macaubus[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/white-macaubus-phbr0lbl-bl~l_69401)

• Peke
    10 years ago

Check out bedrock international. They have white macaubus, white lightning or lightening, white onyx, calacata oro extra, Mont Clair polished, gray pearl brushed, eureka honed, Dane oreale, calacato Oro, calacato oravagli,

If you don't mind a pricey one, kristalo or Cristalo is gorgeous!

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

For a less marble-like, more granite-like stone with those colors, check out Bianco Antico granite. It has the colors you like, but slabs are increasingly appearing with some sort of pinky-beige in them as well. That turned me off of BA when I had originally had my heart set on it. I ended up with gorgeous Carrara instead.

• Lisa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

neroselover...yes, that macaubus is definitely a contender!

Peke...that site has some BEAUTIFUL stones!! I found several I like. However, I do not live near any (I live in Michigan). It does give me some sort of reference though so I can search for some of those stones around where I live.

breezygirl...how do you like your carrara? I'm too afraid that marble would end up ruined in my house, but I definitely LOVE many of the marbles! I agree about the bianco Antico...I had originally considered a bianco romano that I saw several months ago...but since then I haven't seen any slabs of that that I like. I prefer a softer veiny look.

Thanks for all of your suggestions:)

• Illana
    10 years ago

Hi there - new to this forum and I too am looking for quartzite and the names it goes by is very confusing. Sometimes its called Luce Di Luna and othertimes White Macauba. I am looking for white slabs with grey/brown horizontal veining (no criss cross) and its hard to find. I'm in the tri state area so any fabricator recommendations would be appreciated. Any info on etching or staining? From what I understand, Quartzite does not contain calcite (which marble does) and thus it does not react with acids to etch but it can stain (that's why sealing is important).

• Lisa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Illana, where are you located? I know some of the stone yards near me have it. They all seem to have other locations throughout the country and transfer stones amongst their locations. For example, T & M has it and they have locations in Michigan, Chicago, Minnesota, & Wisconsin. Another that has it near me is Universal and they have locations in Cleveland, Milwaukee, Omaha, Chicago, Detroit, and St Louis. If you're near any of these locations, call them. Otherwise, I would call all of the stoneyards near you and ask if any of their other locations have it and can transfer it there.

• jesshs
    10 years ago

Well, I'm looking for white with gray and taupe/brown/beige also and I am looking at these two right now:

Quartz- Alpina White (silestone)
    Granite- Bianco Antico

But they both have a speckled look, not a veined look.

I would love to find a taupe granite with white and grey veins, but I haven't seen anything like that yet...