Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak peek - my counters are in

Posted by annkh (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 11:10

I don't have time for a final reveal, but I can't resist a few shots of our new countertops. DH and I were on vacation last week (and out of cell phone range) when they were installed, but my beloved Dan the Cabinet Man was here, to deal with any questions that might arise. While he was there, he swapped out our sink tip-out hinges for soft-close - they are heaven!

The next day DH's plumber friend hooked up the sink and DW, so everything was finished (and clean!) when we got home Sunday night.

Cambria Somerset - there's a seam in there somewhere.
 photo IMG_0920_zps3c83a9ee.jpg

I love the new sink! The faucet is Grohe Eurostyle.
 photo IMG_0909_zps394dcf62.jpg

And the obligatory dog in the kitchen photo - does he match?
 photo IMG_0906_zpsda2a0479.jpg

With knives, canisters, chargers, and recylables each in their appointed drawer or cupboard, I'm hoping the counters stay nice and uncluttered like this!

Oh, and this is one of the things we were doing the day the counters were installed: a zip-line tour. Eight zips, the longest 800 feet - where this photo was taken, the next zip had us stepping off the edge of a cliff. It was a rush! We also went horseback riding, canoeing and hiking.
 photo photo_zps7850183a.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak peek - my counters are in

What a nice thing to come home to, right? It's looking fabulous! Love the handles... what are they?

Always wanted to try one of those zip lines... they look SO fun!

o

Wow! Looks great. And can I just say how fun it is to see a picture of you guys. Sounds like you had a blast.

o

That muffled sound is me trying not to be jealous about your Dan Man, vacation, and drama-free remodel. You aren't making it easy, everything looks fantastic! And your little dog, too ;)

o

Yes, the dog definitely matches. Everything looks great - enjoy!

o

Lovely! So warm and friendly looking--plus the kitchen looks fantastic too!

We have zip lined before! It is awesome!

o

A white backsplash would be a perfect match to the dog. Looks beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here