Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hendrixvl

I need inspriation pictures for a white kitchen with granite

hendrixvl
12 years ago

We are thinking of getting granite countertops for my white kitchen with wood floors. Can you please post pictures of your kitchens?

Comments (33)

• willtv
    12 years ago

We went with a black & white theme.
    So, white cabinets, black appliamces and very dark grey countertops and floor.
    The countertops are "Blue in the Night" granite.
    It's difficult to see in the picture but there are occassional flecks of blue mica embeded in the granite.

• Orlando1
    12 years ago

We have copper silk granite, which has a very regular pattern (not a lot of motion). In price, it's a mid-range granite. This one is is gray-brown, but many images I've seen online are more coppery (reddish brown). Here are images of mine:

I like the look of this granite in my kitchen. I didn't know about soapstone when we were looking at countertops, but if I could do it again, I would get soapstone with runnels into the sink.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

There are so many pictures of white kitchens on the Finished Kitchen Blog. Have you seen that? Google the term and it's easy to find.

Also, go to houzz dot com and use their search. You'll find thousands of pics of white cabs with granite.

• fnmroberts
    12 years ago

We updated ours last winter by painting the existing cabinets white and installing dark granite counters. I believe the color was called Cathedral Brown.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

These are a few I have bookmarked...none of them are our kitchens :)

Here is a link that might be useful: white with soapstone

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

here's another....

Here is a link that might be useful: anothr white with soapstone

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

white with wood island top

Here is a link that might be useful: white kitchen with wood island top

• jgopp
    12 years ago

I have quartzite which is a tad pricier than granite but it is similar in strength and stuff. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: My finished kitchen

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

can you tell we too are in the process of doing a white kitchen? :) I have lots of them bookmarked, but this is the one that first led me to consider soapstone, and I haven't been able to give up that idea yet! i love the soapstone with white as well as wood tops with white.

Here is a link that might be useful: julla soapstone kitchen

• hendrixvl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much! I love everything that everyone posted here. I think I am leaning towards the black granite.

Missy V-you and I must have the same taste because I love all the ones you posted. I love soapstone too, but I don't know much about it.

jgopp-I actually came across your kitchen today as I've been stalking this forum. It's gorgeous!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

JillandMatt, I love the giollo ornamental (new venitian gold). Thanks for letting me know it a "less" expensive granite since Bianco Antico is also one of my favorites but I have not priced anything yet. I also like your granite with your white cabinets because it has a lot of white in it, but also beige, gray, and brown and is just an overall beautiful look!

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Here are a few ideas. I hope they help.
    ~boxerpups

New Venetian Gold

NVG

Delicatus

Costa Esmeralda

Giallo Ornamental

Virginia Jet Mist (my kitchen with dark stained oak floors)

Jet Mist

Blue Pearl

Golden Beaches

Juparena Rustica

Kashmir White

Santa Cecilia

• ww340
    12 years ago

I am still under construction, but here is my granite with white cabinets with glaze.

• Suzy
    12 years ago

here's my white kitchen w/bianco antico

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

I'm loving this thread! Keep posting, please.

A lot of my favorites are already posted, but here are a few more.

Brooklyn Limestone (soapstone):

rmkitchen (Calacatta Xtra marble):

firsthouse_mp (white princess honed):

smarge (Caesarstone raven):

alliern (soapstone and honed statuary marble):

niffy (aqua grantique and statuary marble):

pps7 (soapstone again!):

beekeeperswife (bianco antico):

joan2121 (giallo ornamental):

I could go on and on (and I guess I have!)

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thank you BoxerPups! I loved all the pictures and they really were helpful to me and I am sure the list.

• westtoeast
    12 years ago

I am loving this thread too (starting a white shaker kitchen remodel in January and trying to decide on counters!). Please keep posting!!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

Cambria Darlington, Kitchencraft Berkeley seashell perimeter cabs, golden oak floor:

• lolauren
    12 years ago

Here is the link to mine... :)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg012245393343.html

• tceye
    12 years ago

Just realised i dont actually have any photos of it finished even though we are now moved in......weird! Must get on that. Anyway, OP seemed interested in black type granite so here's a combination of basaltina(honed) and then madre perla quartzite on

From coco cabana
    the island.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

Boxer - are you sure that is Costa Esmeralda in your photo above? It looks like it might have been switched with another photo by mistake....

• Lori Ryan
    12 years ago

Here is another one: New Venetian Gold

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

LR511, I LOVE the New Venetian Gold Granite counters! I also love your backsplash and the special backsplash over your range, your floor, the color of your cabinets, the same Wheat-back chairs as mine but yours are painted a creamy color which I love with your kitchen, the and the lighting!

What size recess lighting did you use since it looks nice an I may go with that for my kitchen.

• Lori Ryan
    12 years ago

The cans are 6". Those recessed lights were one of the only things of the old kitchen we kept and did not change the size. Thank you for your kind words. I love the New Venetian Gold granite because it has white and brown/red specks in it and it coordinates with both the cabinets and the peninsula.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thank you LRy511 for such a quick reply. I like the 6" size. I love the New Venetian Gold Granite also and I love the colors in it. I am going to see if it would look nice in my kitchen after I have my cabinets painted or replaced or put new doors on them. Your kitchen renovation is amazing and the result is a functional and gorgeous kitchen. Thank you for sharing.

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

@ srg212...i have your kitchen bookmarked :) I am assuming you have soffits above your cabs, and I want to steal the molding you did around the top to disguise them. Can you give me details on what size you put up ?

• Suzy
    12 years ago

missyV: no soffits. we wanted the cabs to go to the ceiling (didn't want space between cabs & ceiling), but they would have been so tall/long (9 ft. ceilings) and too much money to put in another set of cabs at the top so we had them just do a stock pc above the cabs & added the molding to it.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Srg215, I love the way you made the cabinets look like they went to the ceiling. If I am unable to remove my soffits, I may do something like this. I just adore your kitchen as you know from all my prior posts. I am in love with your granite.

• dalmadarling
    12 years ago

My kitchen isn't done yet - but here's where I'm gettin my inspiration for a very similar style:
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/query/wood%20floor%20white%20cabinets%20granite%20countertop

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thanks dalmadarling for the website that shows so many pictures for additional ideas!

• colorfast
    12 years ago

So many beautiful kitchens on this strand. Srg215, one more question for yours....what tile did you use for your backsplash and what was its source. That is a rich gray.

That could truly be a Costa Esmerelda, as I did find one with a grayish undertone. However, it is not the most typical appearance of Costa; mostly they are a green-based stone. Some are a more deeper green and others paler. It could also just be a poor photo.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

I was looking over the kitchens I posted above (I needed some inspiration myself) and I have a correction to make. PPS7's countertops are not soapstone. I'm pretty sure they are honed AB granite. Sorry about that!