Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there kitchen Pull-Down Faucets with lock-down buttons?

Posted by CMB777 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 11:03

I want to buy a new pull-down faucet for my kitchen sink, with spray, stream, and pause functions. Is there any faucet that when the pause button is pushed, the stream will stay paused without my having to hold the button? And the same thing with the spray button? I want to be able to (1) wash things under the spray using both hands without having to hold down the spray button, and to (2) pause the stream between rinsing dishes so I can use both hands to wash more dishes without having to turn off the water at the faucet. Thank you for your advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there kitchen Pull-Down Faucets with lock-down buttons?

All the Delta pull downs.

o

Do the Delta faucets have a "pause" button - I'd never heard of that, but it's a great idea.

CMB777, in our previous kitchen, we had two pull-downs --- a Brizo (which is Delta!) and a Hansgrohe --- the former spray/stream button locked, the latter did not.

o

Do the Delta faucets have a "pause" button - I'd never heard of that, but it's a great idea.

CMB777, in our previous kitchen, we had two pull-downs --- a Brizo (which is Delta!) and a Hansgrohe --- the former spray/stream button locked, the latter did not.

o

can I ask what the advantage of a pause button is over just turning the faucet itself off?

thanks!

o

My Delta Trinsic does not have a "pause" button, but does toggle back and forth between stream and spray. You do not have to keep the switch held in to make the spray function work.

o

jellytoast, how do you like the Trinsic? - is the "flow" strong enough (at 1.8gpm, it's .4 gpm less than a similar Grohe model)?

illini, the advantage to "pause" would be that when the spray hose is pulled out, you can't just lay it down to turn off the faucet or it will spray all over the place. You'd have to retract the hose first. With a pause button, you wouldn't have to do that. Not a big deal, but I can see the plusses.

o

I LOVE the Trinsic. Flow is plenty strong enough ... forceful, but not so stong that it causes water to splash all over the place when it hits the sink. I think it is a great faucet and reasonably priced. Finish is lovely and it looks more expensive than it is. I mounted the handle to the side, but it can be mounted to the front as well. Needs zero clearance to turn on and off if you have a close backsplash.

o

Thanks jellytoast (sorry for the hijack)

o

Many of the Moen pull downs have those features. I have the Brantford 7185 and it locks on spray and it also pauses.
Great faucet. Only bad thing is the spout reach is only 7 7/8" which does not work great with my sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here