Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Sink---Suggested Brands +/-'s if any

Posted by lainer105 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 11:03

I currently have a Franke Orca sink and love it due to it's size. We recently purchased a second home and need to make renovations in the kithcen. Although I love my Franke sink it was alittle costly; therefore I am looking for suggestions as to another sink brand.

Many people mention Ticor, but I know nothing about it. Elkay is just as expensive as the Franke. All suggestions and comments appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Sink---Suggested Brands +/-'s if any

I have a Kraus sink I'm very fond of, but it really depends on what sort of a sink you have in mind. What do you have in mind?

o

I am looking for something large like the Franke Orca since I do alot of baking. Need something to fit the pans.

o

I went with a Kraus 30" undermount

PhotobucketPhotobucket

which fits cookie sheets, turkey roaster pans, the works. They're currently running about $340 at Express Decor and $370 at Amazon.

o

Ticor does have a couple of models that are orca-shaped. If you do a search here you will find that most people who have ticor sinks are very happy with them.

o

For Suzanne - re: Kraus sink - can you please tell me the width (front to back) of your counter and the size of the bowl? I have one (a Kraus sink - looks identical) on order, but the granite guy feels that it will be a difficult squeeze, and I need to be wary of the faucet as it might not have the clearance to go behind. I like your faucet as well - have you been happy with it?

o

The sink we are getting rid of and the new one we just purchased is a double bowl with a low divide. I feel like you get the best of both worlds. It is a double but almost feels like a single because the divide is low. We've always had a regular double sink (with the high divide). I'm happy the house we bought four years ago had this sink with the low divide. We really like it. Ticor makes one as does Elkay. We bought the Elkay one at Costco.com and it doesn't feel very nice so I just ordered the Ticor one based on so many positive reviews here on GW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here