Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull Choices?

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 10:59

Sorry for the multiple posts to get the pictures in. Cabinet doors and drawer fronts are still yet to be final sanded and oiled - so color is not quite right. Wood is figured natural cherry. Opinions?

This post was edited by katy-lou on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 11:04

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull Choices?

pulls on drawer fronts

o

knobs for doors - exact placement TBD

o

another look at pulls

o

As far as the second picture you posted with the pulls on the draw fronts, I would place the pulls in the middle of the drawer front.

o

Yes placement is another question all together. Inclined to use the rails tho as the panels are pretty and would want to highlight the grain. First question is which pulls? Looking to complement the wood in the cabinets

o

I like the pull on the top left in the picture of the 3 of them on the drawer fronts.

o

For me it would be between the bin pull and or the pull in the top right corner of the 2nd picture. It is possible for those two pulls to coexist nicely. We couldn't decide in our own kitchen so we strategically placed different types of hardware where it seemed natural and we are really pleased with how it came out. It adds another detail to the kitchen without standing out. As a matter of fact we have four different types of hardware, two pull styles and two knob style that compliment each other and make sense.

Our situation was similar to yours in that we have walnut lowers and wanted to highlight the wood grain. In cabinet stacks especially up towards the top it was almost as if placing the pulls on the rails detracted from the wood because your eye immediately went to the pull. You should play around with this and see what works best in your space. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here