Posted by bird_lover6 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 10:56

Right now, we are planning on doing the following:

New cooktop
Granite countertops
Backsplash
New Stainless Steel One Bowl Sink
New Faucet

I would like to pay no more than $1,000 for the sink and faucet. Anyone have suggestions for quality on a budget? :)

I am including a photo of my floor with a travertine sample for the backsplash. What do you think this would look like with a black granite counter top and white cabinets? I have only 23 linear feet of counter space; my kitchen is very small.

And I welcome any and all suggestions for a back splash to go with that floor and black counter top OR suggestions for a different granite and back splash to go with that floor. (My husband's not sold on the black, but I love it.)

Thanks very much.

bird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help Me Redo My Kitchen :)

For quality for price, maybe start with Consumer Reports? They may not have the last word, but they do at least provide information and perspective.

Your backsplash pattern is really nice, but black might overpower it, make it look weak. Maybe a softer, dark gray counter, moving to off-black in the way the lighter field is off-white? Or, since you love the black, keep looking for a backsplash + black counter combo that your husband would really like.

o

I don't have personal experience with black granite, but plenty on here bemoan that it is hard to keep it looking nice because it shows streaks when wiped down....and I imagine every speck of dust and dirt as well.

I think black will be too harsh with this BS and white cabs.....I would keep the counter in the same color family as the floor and BS....I think you should go with a deeper version of tan/taupe/beige for the counter.

o

Blanco sinks are very high quality. I had in my previous house and again in current house. I purchased my most recent on Amazon.

Got a Grohe faucet at Costco.

o

Bird Lover, I love that backsplash sample. Can you tell me what it is?

I would like to pair something like it with piatra gray caesarstone. http://www.caesarstone.ca/en/The-Catalog/Pages/Piatra Gray.aspx I know you said granite, but I'm in love with that color and now am on a hunt for the perfect backsplash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here