Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanjuangirl

First kitchen gathering in new kitchen!

sanjuangirl
10 years ago

I had my book club in for the first break in of our new kitchen! I was happy about how it came out and enjoyed trying to decorate in a bit of a new style since this kitchen is way lighter than my old one!

Can't wait to see her in a lot of red at Christmas!

Comments (36)

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

I want to be in your book club ... what a delicious-looking spread! Everything looks really lovely.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

Your book club looks like it has something in common with my bookclub...snack club!

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

Same here, robo!
    sanjuangirl, your kitchen looks beautiful! It must feel great to have that first gathering out of the way. Makes you want to entertain even more, I bet!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

What fun! And what a beautiful spread in a beautiful kitchen!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Beautiful....kitchen and food!

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

wow, beautiful kitchen and what a scrumptious feast!

• deedles
    10 years ago

How fun for you! It all looks gorgeous. Say, what is the dish on the far left?

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Lovely! I 'specially like your backsplash.

Oh, who am I kidding? What I really like is the food! Turning out good food is a mark of a well-designed, functional kitchen.

• whistle_gw
    10 years ago

What was the book? :) And I love the counter.

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, I posted and then had to travel, just got back to the internet.

Thanks!

Jelly toast- I'd love for you to be in our book club! We're in Southern California!

Deedles- the dish is a Farro and Feta salad. I got the recipe from Trader Joes.

Whistle- we read "The Art Forger" by Barbare A.Shapiro . It was really great!

Thanks for your kind words!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Yum yum...that's to both the food and the kitchen.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Oh, so gorgeous, all of it! I haven't seen nearly enough of your kitchen.

• KBSpider
    10 years ago

I'm still loving that backsplash! But now for some strange reason, I'm hungry....

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

What joaniepoanie said :-)

I'm in Southern CA too ( San Fernando Valley) :-).

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another shot before the party.

I'm trying to find the style for my new kitchen. It's a "fun" work in progress!

Any suggestions on color or ways to add warmth would be appreciated.

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another look. I keep putting stuff on the counters, changing my mind about colors, style and textures. I keep changing my mind, but enjoying the process. The kitchen is a bit whiter than expected, a blank slate....

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Luscious- planning a book club meeting soon but might have to move to California!

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Boone- it might be a bit of a drive, we're in south Orange County. You're welcome though!

You two Gemini!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Your kitchen in gorgeous! I too want to join your bookclub, although it would be a bit of a stretch to travel from the east coast.
    Lovely food spread. Looks delicious!
    Did you do a reveal where you said what cabinets and backsplash etc you used? I missed it.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Love it, thank you for posting more pictures! I just love that island slab with the black perimeter and mop backsplash. What are the doors above the cooktop called - the woodwork is fabulous and is that antiqued silver glass? Stunning. Maybe not too late for me to get similar glass, please share details and pics if you can?

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

Aw, shucks. I've actually been looking for a writers' group for the longest time; I read an article in the LA Times some years ago about a group in Orange County that has turned out some really good published authors.
    I'm sure your book club members can't wait to meet again at your home! Tulips *and* a feast in a beautiful kitchen?

• lenzai
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely and that spread looks delicious. I especially like what you did with the cabinet above the range.

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Wow! What a lovely kitchen and delicious looking food. I particularly love the backsplash, cabinet above the range, and island countertop!

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

sanjuangirl: quick question - do you find it easy to keep your MOP backsplash clean? What do you use for a cleaner?

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

"Jelly toast- I'd love for you to be in our book club! We're in Southern California!"

So I take it you are sanjuanCapistranogirl?

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, traveling again today but I'm back tonight and had to cook a big impromptu dinner for my sons and a girlfriend. I used the convection roast feature on my oven for the first time. I cooked a chicken with a simple recipe. It came out really yummy and both of my boys said it was the best I ever made, thank you new oven!

Jelly toast- Yes I am San Juan Capistrano girl. You're welcome for a visit anytime.

Marji- thanks for your sweet comments. I haven't done a reveal yet. I've just posted a few pics here and there. My bs is mother of pearl and the framed piece behind the range is Artistic tile, Crysanthemum . The. Cabinets were the original maple with new paint and the added crown. The center cabinets over the stove top are new from Show Place. You're just a plane ride away! I always do the Christmas book club meeting! Please join us!

Kksmama-thank you. The cabinets are a double arch mullion from Showplace. Jakuvall gave me the source and I found a dealer near me. The glass is actually antiqued mirror. I'm hiding a soffit that couldn't be moved behind the mirror, so it could not be transparent since you'd see the soffit. The mirror is a bit darker than I expected but I think I'm happy with it. I'll post a close up.

Boone-So far the mop has been easy to keep clean. It is sealed but wipes up easily with a bit of Dawn and water.

Thanks to you all for the kind comments. Makes me happy! :))

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh SJ, your kitchen is just stunning. I want to be in your book club too!!!

I love your chandy, breakfast table, and your beautiful window seat. I an envious of the brass bird that is overlooking your cook top! You have one of the most lovely kitchens of all time!!!!

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're too sweet Holly. Your compliment means a lot since I know how hard you worked on your own lovely kitchen. It's good to be finished, isn't it!

Btw, I Love my Kohler Whitehaven sink!

Here's a photo of it. Wish I could get a good photo that shows the depth in the color. It's Cane Sugar and it is one of my favorite things in the kitchen.

Enjoy,

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

Thanks, sanjuangirl.

• Lisa
    10 years ago

I love your kitchen so much! Especially the mirrored cabinet doors, backsplash, and island counter. What kind of stone is it?

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much Icskaisgir.

The island is a white quartzite called Alpinus. So far it has been bullet proof. The perimeter is Black Galaxy.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen . Would love a reveal!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! (and a lovely spread for your lucky book club)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

>I can only post one pic at a time since I'm apparently techno challenged

No, that's just how it works. One pic per post if you upload directly from your computer/ipad/whatever. If you want to have multiple pics in one post you need to put them someplace online, like photobucket, and link to them.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor